Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe
These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes scream summer! There is nothing better than the flavor combination of tangy lemon and sweet strawberries!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are without a doubt a favorite summer flavor combination. Although these cupcake would be perfect all year long. Lemon goes well with so many fruits. We love it with blueberries also. We love lemon desserts so much I can honestly say they are probably out favorite dessert.
These cupcake are perfect for a potluck or BBQ. Make a delicious drink to go with it like our Pineapple Strawberry Lemonade. Such a cool and refreshing combination and always a big hit!
Can you make these cupcakes with a cake mix instead of making them from scratch? You sure can! This is a very simple cupcake recipe but sometimes you just don’t have time to even make a simple recipe so you can use your favorite boxed lemon cake mix. I would add some grated lemon peel and a tablespoon of lemon juice to amp up the lemon flavor.
These Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are also delicious filled with a bit of lemon curd. You can never have too much lemon right?! We found chopping the strawberries and adding them to the buttercream frosting worked better than frosting the cupcake then adding a strawberry on top. this way you get to have a bit of strawberry throughout the whole cupcake.
These strawberry lemonade cupcakes are moist, fluffy and super delicious! The cupcakes are made with a bit of buttermilk with plays so well off the lemon. When paired with the sweet yet not over sweet buttercream frosting it is the perfect flavor explosion in your mouth! The frosting is just enough. We love the chopped strawberries in the frosting. Is that something you think you would like? I’m pretty sure if you like strawberries you will love this buttercream frosting!
OTHER LEMON RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
For The Cupcakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
For The Buttercream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1=2 tbsp milk
- pink gel food coloring
- 3-4 medium- large strawberries
To top it off: Lemon wedges
- For the cupcakes1. Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat together eggs and granulated sugar.
4. Add oil and lemon zest and juice. Mix until thoroughly combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Alternating with the buttermilk, slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
7. Continue mixing with the electric mixer until well-combined.
8. Scoop batter into each section of your muffin pan, filling each one about 2/3 of the way.
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Cool before decorating.
For the strawberry buttercream:1. Using an electric mixer, beat together softened butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk on slow speed.
2. Once ingredients start combining, slowly increase the speed to high.
3. Add a small drop of pink gel food coloring and beat until completely tinted. The buttercream is ready once it forms semi-stiff peaks.
4. Fold in chopped strawberries and mix.
To decorate:Top each cupcake with one lemon slice. Serve and enjoy!