Mexican Shrimp Bites Recipe – A perfect bite your taste buds will love! Guacamole topped with pan seared shrimp will be the highlight of all your family gatherings, game days and holiday parties. This appetizer is sure to impress.
These Mexican Shrimp Bites have become one of our go to party faves! Game day is not the same without these shrimp sensations.
They combine the best of all worlds of the appetizer world. Tortilla chips, guacamole and the added yumminess of shrimp that has been seasoned and of course queso fresco.
Let’s face it when your throwing a party or have a few friends over for game day, your always looking for the quickest and easiest things to make.
Mexican Shrimp Bites are perfect since you can make the shrimp the day before if you want to save on time.
Mexican Shrimp Bites will become your new favorite appetizer!
Do yourself a favor and make a double batch if you have a lot of company to feed. These go quick. Sneak a few off for yourself before you put them out lol.
The rest just takes minutes to put together. I make my own guacamole but have used a good store bought one also. Either way this appetizer will be wow worthy!
Make these Mexican Shrimp Bites today!
- 3 lbs medium shrimp
- 1 10 oz pkg Queso Fresco (white Mexican crumbling cheese)
- 1 bag unbroken round chips
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp butter
1. Heat skillet up to med-high and add ½ tbsp butter.
2. Place shrimp in the skillet and allow them to cook 2-4 minutes per side.
3. Add chilli powder, cumin and salt to the shrimp.
3. Remove the shrimp and let them cool.
4.Open the chips and remove the flat ones. You will use those
5. Use a spoon to spread the guacamole evenly over the chip.
6. Add the shrimp on top of the chip.
7.Next add a bit of the crumbled queso Fresco cheese to each chip.
8. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve!