Slow Cooker Queso Chicken combines chicken breasts, taco seasoning, queso cheese dip, and green chiles to make a delicious chicken dish that’s perfect with rice, on tacos, or even as a delicious sandwich. Get creative!
We love Mexican flavors, chicken, and cheese, so we put them all together to create this super easy slow cooker dish. On top of being delicious and ridiculously easy to make, what we love the most about it is how incredibly versatile it is. You can serve it on or in almost anything!
This Slow Cooker Queso Chicken is my new go to! Just 4 ingredients are all you need to make this versatile chicken. Chicken breasts, tomatoes with green chiles, taco seasoning, and queso dip. These ingredients come together to make a super flavorful shredded chicken perfect for burrito bowls, tacos, nachos, quesadillas, or anything you like!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses four simple ingredients.
- It’s a super easy slow cooker recipe.
- The cheese, chiles, and seasoning are perfect with the chicken.
- It’s a versatile recipe that pairs well with almost anything.
You’ll only need about 10 minutes to get everything you need for this recipe from the grocery store. It’s just about the easiest ingredient list you’ll ever see. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Taco seasoning
- Diced tomatoes with green chiles – drained
- Jarred queso cheese dip
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Queso Chicken
Making this recipe is so easy even a caveman could do it. You just dump and cook, and that’s almost the entire recipe!
Step 1: Mix the Queso Ingredients
Combine the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes with green chiles, and 1 jar of queso cheese dip in a bowl.
Step 2: Add Everything to the Slow Cooker
Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the queso over the top. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Step 3: Shred the Chicken
Remove the chicken and shred it while hot.
Step 4: Finish the Queso Chicken
Discard 3/4 of the liquid in the slow cooker and return the chicken to it. Add about half of the other jar of queso dip. Stir and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Mild – Use canned diced tomatoes without chiles.
- Extra spicy – Add diced jalapenos along with the tomatoes with chiles.
- Homemade – Add the ingredients needed for homemade queso to the slow cooker if you’re feeling fancy.
If you think this looks good, then we think you’ll love our easy Frito taco pie.
- Mixing bowl
- Slow cooker
- Two forks or shredding claws
Refrigerate this chicken for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to a month in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Shred your chicken while it’s hot for the best results.
- The easiest way to shred the chicken is with two forks or shredding claws.
- This queso chicken is great in tacos, fajitas, quesadillas, burritos, on nachos, or even as a sandwich.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Place it in a saucepan over medium-low heat and cook until heated through.
The better question is how can’t you use it? This queso chicken is great in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, on nachos, as a sandwich filling, or even a dip.
This queso chicken is only a little warm, thanks to the chiles in the diced tomatoes. It’s not a hot dish by any means.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Queso Chicken
- medium bowl
- slow cooker
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ounce taco seasoning one packet
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 30 ounces queso cheese dip
- Place your chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes with green chiles and queso cheese dip.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- Discard 3/4 of the liquid in the slow cooker and add the chicken and half the other jar of queso dip to the chicken.
- Stir to combine and serve with more queso for topping.