This Neapolitan Pound Cake will have everyone coming back for more. This moist, tender cake combines vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry cake into one delicious bundt cake that’s absolutely amazing.
We love cake. We love it a lot. That’s why we love the combination of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavors combined in this one bundt cake. It’s three cakes in one, and it’s so easy to make!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few basic baking ingredients.
- It’s full of classic Neapolitan vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavors.
- Everyone loves pound cake!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The ingredients for this recipe are very simple. You probably have most of them in your kitchen right now, in fact. The major ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete ingredient list along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Evaporated milk
- Strawberry Jello
- Pink gel food coloring
- Dutch cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
🔪 How to Make Neapolitan Pound Cake
This recipe might look fancy, but it’s actually very easy to make. It’s colorful, to be sure, but even beginners can make it.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour the bundt pan. Finally, place eggs in a bowl of warm water for 5 to 6 minutes to bring them up to room temperature.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Cake Ingredients
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Then add the vanilla, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix until incorporated.
Step 3: Add the Dry Ingredients
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients. Then, mix until just combined. Finally, split the batter evenly into 3 bowls.
Step 4: Make the Strawberry Batter
Mix the strawberry Jello and vinegar together until liquefied. Then, pour into a bowl of batter and mix until combined. Add a drop or 2 of pink gel food coloring and mix again.
Step 5: Make the Chocolate Batter
Mix the cocoa and hot water together first. Then, add it to a bowl of batter and mix until combined.
Step 6: Add the Batter to the Pan
Add half the vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate batters in layers. Then, repeat with the remaining batter. Shake the pan to create a swirl in the batter.
Step 7: Bake
Bake for 75 to 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 7: Cool
Remove the cake pan from the oven and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Then, flip it out onto a wire rack.
Step 8: Add the Glaze
While the cake cools, combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl. Then, pour the glaze over the cake. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- One Flavor – Adjust the ingredients of any of the cake flavors to make a cake of one flavor.
- Sheet Cake – You can simply pour the batter into a sheet cake pan and swirl it a bit.
If you like combo cakes like this one, then check out our chocolate vanilla bundt cake.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stand or hand mixer
- Bundt pan
Store this cake in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. For longer storage, wrap the cake in 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil and freeze it for up to 3 months.
- It’s important to dissolve the Jello in vinegar. The vinegar completely dissolves the Jello, then it evaporates away during baking, leaving just the strawberry flavor.
- When dissolving the cocoa, use boiling water to completely dissolve the cocoa, leaving no pockets of dry cocoa.
- Be sure that every nook and cranny of the bundt pan is greased and floured so the cake won’t stick.
- If your cake doesn’t come out easily, firmly tap all over the pan while it’s upside down.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Bundt cake is simply cake batter that’s been baked in a bundt pan.
Bundt pans are used for two reasons. First, they can be extremely decorative, making special cake shapes for special events. Second, the circular shape of the pan makes for more even baking and a better final product.
Bundt pans are tricky, especially extremely decorative pans. If every angle, nook, and cranny isn’t greased and floured, the cake will stick.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy bundt cakes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Neapolitan Pound Cake
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Stand or hand mixer
- Bundt pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs brought to room temp
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 8 oz strawberry jello packet
- 2 drops pink gel food coloring
- 1/3 of the cake batter
- 1 1/2 tsp dutch cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/3 of the cake batter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Place eggs in a bowl of warm water to bring them up to room temp for 5-6 mins
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a hand or stand mixer (about 4-5 mins)
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add the vanilla extract
- Scrape down the bowl and make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients.
- Mix until just combined.
- Split the batter into 3 bowls by removing 1.5 cups of batter placing into 2 bowls (leaving the third as is)
- Bowl 1: Mic strawberry jello and vinegar (it will fizz a little) mix until its a liquid. Pour into the bowl of batter and mix until fully combined add a drop or two of pink (gel) food color (optional)
- Bowl 2: Mix cocoa and hot water together first. It’s important this is HOT water, so the chocolate will dissolve and melt, then add to the batter and mix fully.
- Bowl 3 will remain untouched.
- Grease/flour bundt pan.
- Add the vanilla, strawberry and chocolate batters. Repeat the layering once more until all batter is in the pan.
- Shake the batter to create the swirl pattern
- Bake for 75-80mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 18-20 mins before flipping out of the pan onto a wire rack.
- For the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, whisk or mix until incorporated.
- Pour glaze over cake, serve and enjoy
Sheila K. says
Oh MY, it looks great! Can’t wait to cook em this Sunday!
Thank you Sheila! I hope you enjoy them! 🙂