Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
This easy Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake is simple yet rich and fudgy. You will be making this cake over and over again. It is that good!
We just love a dessert that is simple to make. This one certainly fit’s the bill. It starts out with a cake mix. Easy Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake truly is easy as pie to make.
This easy cake comes from and old Weight Watchers recipe that has been around for years. We just amped it up a bit by adding in a bit more than just the pumpkin puree.
If you need this cake for a party or a get together you can make it in a 9×13 pan instead. Just don’t over bake the cake so it stays kind of moist and fudgey like.
Slather on the frosting, maybe a few more chocolate chips if you like and you have a delicious quick dessert.
Can I Use a different flavor cake mix?
You sure can! We have used Spice flavor and yellow cake mix and used a cream cheese frosting for both. They have both been delicious. When using one of these cake mixes you can change the chips to white chocolate or butterscotch if you like.
There is nothing easier than starting out with a cake mix when it comes to making a dessert. Bu sometimes when your starting out with a simple cake mix you want to add a little bit more to make your cake extra special.
Easy Chocolate Pumpkin Budnt Cake
I remember the first time we tried this cake. It was so good. It was only made with pumpkin puree and chocolate cake yet it was still delicious.
I immediately started thinking of how I could make it even better. Maybe add a few chocolate chips, some coconut or some nuts. We have tried a bunch of different things.
We decided the favorite was some added chocolate to the cake mix to make it just a bit fudgier. This involved just melting a few chocolate chips. So easy! And we added some fudgy frosting.
How do I store leftover cake?
This cake can be left on the counter in an air tight container for a few days of in the refrigerator. If left on the counter the frosting will be soft so keep that in mind.
This cake is ridiculously easy and it requires only a few ingredients. I still remember the look I used to get when people tasted it for the first time. Nobody believed it all started with a cake mix.
Generally we would go for a scratch made cake but you know sometimes these box cake mixes have come in handy. And can I say are super delicious when they are doctored up.
For the cake
Use any brand cake or kind you like. We normally go for a darker chocolate cake but sometimes like something different too. we have used a milk chocolate and a spice and yellow cake mix too. Make them all!
For the chocolate chips we use 1/4 cup just to add a bit more fudge to the cake so any brand works well.
You want to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix. any brand should work fine as long as it is 100% pumpkin.
If your looking for an easy tasty cake that takes minutes to make this cake is for you. It’s so good the longer it sits the better it gets but we can’t wait to dig in!
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- !/4 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 15 oz can Pure Pumpkin
- 1 16 oz can Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, and water.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish and microwave in 15 second intervals until melted. Pour into cake mix.
- With an electric mixer, beat until well combined for about 2 minutes on medium speed. Then add pumpkin and continue to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour batter into a greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before flipping out of pan.
- Once cool, remove cap and foil and heat frosting in the microwave for about 25-30 seconds.
- Stir and then slowly spoon or pour frosting over the cake.
- Continue to go around and coat the entire cake.
- The frosting will thicken as it comes to room temperature.
- Once frosting sets, slice and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.