Orange Fluff Salad is a sweet and tangy dessert full of citrus flavor that’s perfect by the spoonful or as a dip. This decadent dessert is so fancy looking, but it’s actually super easy to make.
Dessert dips are amazing, aren’t they? They’re good all by themselves, but when you dip your favorite sweet or savory treats into them, they’re even better. One of our favorites to make is this orange fluff, and once you try it, we know it’ll be one of your favorites, too.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses 6 simple ingredients.
- It’s ready in a flash.
- Everyone loves its sweet and tangy citrus flavors.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This simple recipe uses equally simple ingredients that you can find easily at your local grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Cool whip
- Orange gelatin powder
- Canned mandarin oranges, drained
- Mini marshmallows
- Cottage cheese
- Sweetened shredded coconut
🔪 How to Make Orange Fluff Salad
Making this recipe couldn’t be easier. It only takes about 5 minutes from start to finish!
Step 1: Combine the Whipped Cream and Orange Gelatin
Mix the whipped cream and orange gelatin in a large mixing bowl until fully combined and no white streaks remain.
Step 2: Complete the Orange Fluff Salad
Fold in the remaining ingredients until fully combined.
Step 3: Serve or Chill
Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Orange Fluff – Use different gelatin along with coinciding fruits to create different fluffs like strawberry, cherry, or pineapple.
- Nuts – Add chopped walnuts or pecans for even more flavor and texture.
- Cottage Cheese – This recipe can be made with sour cream or cream cheese in place of cottage cheese.
If this fluff-alicious dessert dip is making you hungry, then check out this cherry fluff.
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl
Store this orange fluff salad in the refrigerator for up to a week in an air-tight container. Do not freeze it.
- For the best flavor, chill this fluff overnight to allow the flavors to meld to perfection.
- Stir well before serving after storage, as some of the liquid will migrate to the top.
- The marshmallows will get gooier as time goes on, but that’s okay!
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
It’s one of the many variations of classic “fluff” or ambrosia salad. This dessert is usually made with a base of flavored Jello, Cool Whip, and either cottage cheese, sour cream, or cream cheese. Then, various fruits and sometimes nuts are added.
Ambrosia was invented in Vermont in the late 19th century. No one knows exactly who invented or exactly when.
The base ingredients will separate when defrosted, creating a watery, grainy mess.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy orange? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Orange Fluff Salad
- Measuring cups
- Mixing Bowl
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 3 ounces Orange Gelatin Powder
- 14 ounces Mandarin Oranges drained
- 1 ½ Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Combine the whipped cream and orange jello powder in a large mixing bowl and mix until no white streaks remain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fold them in until fully combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply