This Cream Cheese Taco Dip combines all the zesty flavor of taco seasoning with the cool, creamy goodness of sour cream. It’s a delicious addition to any party or for family movie night!
If you love taco everything and chips and dip, then you’ve come to the right place. This recipe combines both into one taco-licious dip that just begs for nachos, corn chips, veggies, and even Doritos. If you can dip it, you should!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
For such a simple recipe with limited ingredients, there sure is a lot to love about it. It’s simple and delicious, and it makes a great appetizer, party food, or snack to go with family game or movie night.
- This is a super simple recipe to make. It only takes a few minutes.
- You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store.
- Everyone loves tacos and dip!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Softened cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Shredded taco blend cheese
- Taco seasoning
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Cream Cheese Taco Dip
If you think the ingredient list is simple, just wait until you make this dip. It only takes one step. That’s right, ONE!
Step 1: Make the Taco Dip
Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning in a bowl.
Step 2: Mix it all up
Mix until smooth and well combined. Serve with chips for dipping and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add diced jalapenos to the dip for extra flavor and a kick of heat.
- Salsa – Try adding salsa for a dip that’s a bit thinner and full of even more flavor.
- Warm – You can transfer the dip to a baking pan and warm it up until all the cheese melts and it gets so gooey. Pro-tip, this method is perfect for adding the salsa.
Try out other easy, cheesy, and unique dip!
It takes almost nothing to make this recipe. You’ll only need a handful of items.
- Measuring cup and spoon
Assuming your keep this dip continuously refrigerated except when serving, it will last for 3 to 4 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
As recipes go, this one is just about as easy as it gets. We do, however, have a couple of tips for you.
- To get that creamy texture, it’s important that you fully soften your cream cheese. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a dip that has chunks of pure cream cheese.
- For maximum freshness, serve this dip individually unless you’re at a big party. The longer it sits at room temperature the shorter its lifespan will be.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
It’s made with cream cheese, sour cream, and cheese and then seasoned with taco seasoning. That’s the simplest version. You can add any of your favorite taco ingredients to it.
No one knows for sure who or when it was invented. We know that the first appearance of the dip was in a 1981 issue of Family Circle. However, the dip was already popular in Texas before that printing.
This dip is an amazing addition to any party, but where it really shines is with other Mexican and Tex-Mex foods. Make it part of any Mexican food spread.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy taco’s and dips? Then, try these delicious recipes:
🧾Cream Cheese Taco Dip
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Cream Cheese Taco Dip is so simple and so delicious. Ready in minutes, is perfect for any occasion any time of year. Everyone loves it!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded taco blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, and taco seasoning until smooth and well combined.
Transfer to a serving dish and serve with chips for dipping.
Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes