Oreo Candy Cane Truffles – A sweet white chocolate shell topped with crushed candy canes surrounds a decadent, chocolate Oreo filling. No baking necessary and only 5 ingredients!
Oreo Candy Cane Truffles are one of our favorite holiday treats! We could eat these all year long. As a matter of fact we do buy extra candy canes during the holiday season because we love these so much. Oreo truffles are always a delicious treat and we happen to love peppermint.
Sometimes we will crush the candy canes in with the oreos. This way when it’s not the Christmas season they don’t look so Christmasy yet they taste just as yummy!
These Oreo Candy Cane Truffles are a favorite not just because they are so simple to make. These are one of the easiest candy recipes you will ever make.
First the Ingredients:
18 regular oreos
4 oz softened cream cheese
1 tsp. peppermint extract
8 oz. white melting chocolate
1/4 cup crushed candy canes
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Place the Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse until finely ground.
Add the cream cheese and peppermint extract and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some dough into your hands and roll into a ball, place onto cookie sheet.
Just remember when making these delicious gems they aren’t going to be perfect, they aren’t going to be perfectly round, the same size, the chocolate may not cover each truffle the same ect. But who cares?! It doesn’t matter. The important thing is they are insanely scrumptious. I mean if your an oreo lover and a peppermint love that is.
You must know somebody who will love these delicious treats. They would even make great holiday gifts and a great hostess gift. And don’t forget as an extra treat for the family dessert table.
Make these delicious Oreo Candy Cane Truffles for your family and friends today!!
- 18 regular oreos
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 8 oz white melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Place the Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
3. Add the cream cheese and peppermint extract and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
4. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some dough into your hands and roll into a ball, place onto cookie sheet. Repeat steps until all dough is used
4. Place the cookie balls in the freezer until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
5. Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate and mix until smooth
6. Remove Oreo cookie truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate.
7. Place back onto baking sheet and top with crushed candy canes
8. Allow chocolate to harden before enjoying !