Oreo Marshmallow Bars are super rich, sweet, and full of Oreo goodness. They’re an easy, delicious Oreo fudge recipe that’s ready fast and goes just as quickly.
We love fudge or remotely fudge-like. In fact, if you browse the blog, you’ll find all kinds of fudgy recipes. One of our fudge-tastic favorites is these Oreo marshmallow bars. They combine all the flavor of Oreos with the sweetness of fudge. Perfection!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes simple ingredients to make.
- It’s rich, fudgy, and Oreo-licious.
- It’s the perfect treat for any occasion, and it satisfies even the biggest sweet tooth.
The ingredient list for this recipe is one of the shortest and simplest you’ll find anywhere. If you do any amount of baking, you might already have everything you need in the kitchen right now. If not, everything you need is at your grocery store. Be sure the check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Classic Oreo cookies
- Mini marshmallows
- White melting chocolate
🔪 How to Make Oreo Marshmallow Bars
Making these bars is just as simple as the ingredient list. It only takes about 45 minutes from start to finish. You’ll be all done in just a few easy steps.
Step 1: Line a Baking Dish
Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper with the ends coming up over the side of the pan. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Oreo Crumbs
Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse until the cookies are ground to fine crumbs. Place in a bowl and set aside.
Step 3: Melt the Marshmallows
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Then, add the marshmallow and stir constantly until melted.
Step 4: Make the Bars
Pour the marshmallow mixture into the bowl of crumbs and stir well to combine. Then, press the Oreo and marshmallow mixture into the pan. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
Step 5: Cut
Lift the sheet of Oreo bars out of the pan using the parchment paper and set it on a cutting board. Cut into 9 squares with a sharp knife
Step 6: Drizzle
Melt the white melting chocolate according to the package directions. Then, use a fork, spoon, or piping bag to drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars. Let harden for 20 to 30 minutes and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Mini Marshmallows – If you don’t have mini marshmallows, weigh out the equivalent of large marshmallows.
- Oreos – You can make these bars with any flavor of Oreo you like. They just have to have the classic filling (no double stuff).
- Add-Ins – Try adding chocolate chips, M&Ms, or nuts to the mixture before pressing it into the pan.
If you love sweet treats made with unexpected ingredients, then try these sweet and salty Frito bars.
- 8×8 baking dish
- Food processor
- Parchment paper
Store these bars in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Do not freeze them.
- It may be easiest to pulse your Oreos in batches when making the crumbs.
- Melt the butter and marshmallow over medium heat. If you crank the heat up, the marshmallow mixture can burn.
- Use white melting chocolate specifically. White chocolate chips and bars are not meant for melting without a few extra steps.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
They’re a variation of fudge that combines melted marshmallows and butter with Oreo crumbs to create sweet bars.
The bars can become extremely sticky and lose their texture when frozen and defrosted.
When a mixture like this burns, it’s almost always due to heat that’s too high or not stirring while melting.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Oreos? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Oreo Marshmallow Bars
- 8×8 baking dish
- Food processor
- large pot or dutch oven
- mixing bowls
- Piping bag
- 25.5 ounces oreo cookies family size package. Regular not double stuffed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces white melting chocolate
- Prepare an 8×8-inch pan by covering it with parchment paper with the ends coming up over the sides of the pan; set the pan aside.
- Place the Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until the cookies are ground into fine crumbs (it may be best to do this step in batches).
- Pour the cookies crumbs into a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Melt the butter in the pot, then add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the cookie crumbs. Stir well to combine.
- Press the Oreo and marshmallow mixture into the prepared pan. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Lift the whole sheet of Oreo bars out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut 9 square bars.
- Melt the white melting chocolate according to package directions. Use a spoon, fork, or piping bag to drizzle the melted white chocolate over the Oreo bars in a decorative pattern.
- Set the Oreo bars aside for the white chocolate to harden, about 20-30 minutes.