These Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies combine classic chocolate chip cookie dough with chopped Oreos to create a cookie mashup that will satisfy any cookie lover.
If you love cookies as much as we do, you’re going to be blown away by this recipe. It takes everyone’s two favorite cookies and combines them into one super cookie that everyone will be back for again and again.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a simple recipe that even beginners can make.
- It combines chocolate chip cookies with Oreo cookies.
- It’s a fun mashup of flavors that everyone will love.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe only uses a few simple baking ingredients, most of which are probably already in your kitchen right now. You can find any ingredients you don’t have easily at your local grocery store. The major flavors in this recipe are below, and you’ll find the complete list of ingredients with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Softened unsalted butter
- Browns sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Roughly chopped Oreo cookies
🔪 How to Make Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making this recipe is really as easy as a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Cream the Butter and Sugars
Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.
Step 2: Add the Remaining Dough Ingredients
Add the eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Then, mix in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until all the flour is fully incorporated.
Step 3: Finish the Dough
Mix in a cup of chocolate chips and 8 chopped Oreos. Then, chill the dough for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Bake
Form balls out of about 3 tablespoons of the dough, and place them about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
Step 5: Garnish
Press the remaining chopped Oreos and a few chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Chocolate Chips – Use milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips in this recipe.
- Oreos – Use your favorite flavor of Oreo cookies in these cookies.
If you think these cookies look good, then you’ll love this other Oreo chip cookie recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
Store these cookies in an air-tight container for up to 5 days on the counter. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to a month in an air-tight, freezer-safe container in single layers separated by parchment paper.
- Be sure your butter is fully softened so you don’t end up with any raw bits of butter in your dough.
- Roughly chop the Oreos small enough to be bite size but large enough to be nice and chunky in the cookies.
- Press the chopped Oreos into the tops of the cookies while they’re still warm.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Chilling the cookie dough solidifies the fat in the cookies and causes the cookies to spread less while baking.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, chocolate chip cookies were first made at the Toll House restaurant in Whitman, Massachusetts in the late 1930s.
No. You can place the butter in warm water until it softens but never melt your butter. The butter needs to melt as the cookies bake for proper texture.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Oreos? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stand mixer
- Measuring cups
- Baking sheet or cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- cooling rack
- 1 cup Unsalted butter- room temperature
- 1 cup Brown sugar- lightly packed
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 10 Oreo cookies roughly chopped and divided
- With a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add in the flour ½ cup at a time until all the flour is fully incorporated.
- Add in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 8 of the chopped Oreos.
- Fold until evenly distributed.
- Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using about 3 Tbsp. of the dough, form a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Leave a 2-inch space between each cookie.
- Bake for 13- 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Garnish with the remaining chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
- Serve and enjoy.
Leave a Reply