Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread combines two classic fall favorites into one delicious quick bread. This bread is filled with ripe, sweet bananas, pumpkin puree, and of course, pumpkin spice to create a bread that’s classically fall and perfect for breakfasts or snacks.
When fall rolls around, we love to make lots of different recipes. Chilis, stews, soups – they’re all on the list. In addition to savory classics, we love to make sweet treats, as well. We’ll often make banana bread, and for holidays, we always make pumpkin pie. One day, we decided to combine the two, and we came up with this delicious pumpkin spice banana bread. It’s the perfect fall treat for any occasion, and the flavors always satisfy.
Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
When we think of fall, we always think of quick breads and pumpkin spice everything. Of course, you can’t just slap pumpkin spice into any old recipe and call it a winner. If the marketing has taught us anything at the grocery store, it’s that. Pumpkin spice coffee? It’s okay. Pumpkin spice cereal? No thank you. Pumpkin spice donuts – eh… BUT homemade pumpkin spice treats? That’s another thing entirely.
This delicious pumpkin banana bread takes full advantage of the year-round availability of bananas and pumpkin puree and combines them with classic pumpkin spice to create a bread that is both dense and moist. Each bite is a tender mouthful of banana and pumpkin deliciousness that makes us want to put on flannel and go jump in a pile of leaves, and it will do the same for you!
Like any good quick bread, it only takes a few ingredients to create this delicious pumpkin spice banana bread. Outside of the pumpkin and bananas, you probably have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen already. They’re all pantry staples. Here’s what you’ll need.
Full recipe and amounts will be in the recipe card!
- All purpose flour
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mashed bananas
- Pumpkin pie puree
Making Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
Making this pumpkin banana bread is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients. It only takes a few simple steps to make, and you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time flat. It comes together very quickly, and then it’s just a matter of baking the bread for about an hour. That’s it!
You’ll find the complete recipe card at the end of the post with amounts, temperatures, and times, but this overview will give you a good idea of how simple this recipe is.
- Preheat the oven and grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another medium bowl, combine oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add mashed bananas and pumpkin puree.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake.
- Remove the pan and let it sit for 10 minutes, then, turn the loaf out onto a serving dish.
This is such a simple recipe that it’s almost impossible to screw it up. You would have to forget an ingredient. Otherwise, putting it all together and baking it always leads to a delicious loaf of pumpkin spice banana bread.
That being said, even easy things can benefit from some tips and tricks. These are simple tips, but they can make a big difference in your final product.
- Thoroughly grease and flour the loaf pan. If any part of it isn’t greased and floured it will stick and come apart when you remove it.
- Leave the bread in the pan for the full 10 minutes. This will finish the cooking process while keeping the top of the bread from burning.
- Thoroughly mash your bananas in a separate bowl so they are completely mashed. No chunks!
If you want to mix things up, you can do a few things with this recipe to add to its absolute deliciousness. Of course, it’s perfect on its own, but sometimes, it’s fun to try new things.
- Add chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans to the batter. They add an extra layer of flavor and a nice texture.
- Try adding cream cheese frosting to your banana bread. It turns it into a sort of cake, and cream cheese frosting is always great with pumpkin.
- A simple vanilla glaze is also delicious on this bread.
Serving Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
To serve this bread, all you need is a plate and a fork. Whether you make it plain or add some of my above variation suggestions, this bread is always perfect for a quick breakfast or an afternoon snack. Pair it with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee, and you’re all set.
This bread is great for family breakfasts and snacks, and it also makes a welcome addition to potlucks and other get-togthers. It’s a great treat to bring to holiday events like Thanksgiving and Christmas because of its classic pumpkin flavor.
Storing Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
This bread will keep well in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for about a week. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to three, months.
How long does this bread last?
You can store this bread for about a week in the refrigerator. You can freeze it for up to three months.
How do I freeze this bread?
To freeze the bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then again in foil.
How do I thaw out the bread?
Simply place the bread in the refrigerator overnight to thaw it out.
How do I heat up the bread?
For a hot slice of bread, simply cover and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
How can I change up this bread?
You can add chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds to this bread for a nice texture and extra flavor. You can also try frosting it with cream cheese frosting or adding a simple vanilla glaze.
Try This Pumpkin Spice Bread Today
This pumpkin spice bread is loaded with all the delicious flavors of fall. Its sweet, pumpkin and banana flavor is combined with a dense texture that is also moist and tender to create a quick bread that’s perfect for the season as well as breakfasts and snacks. Give it a try, and we know you’ll love it as much as we do.
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
Slow Cooker Raspberry Zinger Cake
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake
Copycat DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rocky Road Cheesecake
Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl mix together Oil, both sugars, eggs, vanilla extract. Then mashed bananas and pumpkin puree.
- Mix in flour mixture into wet ingredients.
- Pour batter in a prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 F degrees for 55-60 minutes. Do not overbake or bread may be dry!
- After baking, remove from the oven and let sit in the pan for 10 minutes then turn the loaf out of the pan onto a serving dish.
Leave a Reply