Roasted Mediterranean Root Vegetables – A quick and easy side dish that basically is one of those that cleans out the fridge. Anything goes with this one. And it always tastes great.
Roasted Mediterranean Root Vegetables – Root vegetables have the most amazing flavor when roasted in the oven.
Roasting brings out the natural sugars and flavor. You can use any vegetables in this recipe. It’s a wonderful way to clean out your fridge. That half of red pepper or single carrot that is just sitting in the vegetable draw. This is my go to once a week to clean out that draw. sometimes I don’t have much in there and other times I have a little of this and that. And that little of this and that ends up being quite a lot!
Change it to suit your taste. It’s a great way to clean out your fridge!
Make these Roasted Mediterranean Root Vegetables today
- 2 white potatoes cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into 1 1/2 in chunks
- 1 bell peppers chopped into 1-inch strips
- 2 carrots cut into 1 1/2 in chunks
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1/2 lb butternut squash cut in chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut all veggies in somewhat even sizes , toss in olive oil and spices and bake at 375 until veggies are done to your likeness .
I sometimes add mushrooms, eggplant and zucchini. It depends on what I have on hand and in the fridge