Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Casserole – Comforting, Hearty Breakfast Casserole That is Prepared the Night Before and Baked in the Morning! A family favorite!
Easy peasy, yummy, and sure to become a family favorite! This biscuit casserole loaded with gravy, sausage, eggs and cheese will soon be a family favorite! How can you not love this?!!
I got this recipe about 20 years ago from my friend Sharon who got it from her aunt. Her aunt used to make this with her own homemade biscuit recipe at the time. Using the canned biscuit is so much easier and quicker. I use Grands biscuits. I use either the flaky or homestyle brand. Both are delicious.
This recipe can be easily double or tripled for a large crowd and prepared the night before. Just adjust the cooking time a bit for the colder gravy. This is s a hot breakfast that will really stick to your ribs. It is so easy to make and your family will love it! It is perfect for a pot luck or church breakfast.
Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Casserole is made with biscuits, sausage, cheese, milk and pepper gravy. It has one of the most marvelous flavors and textures of any breakfast entree you’ll ever eat. No kidding! Simple to make and always a winner!!
Make this Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Casserole now!
Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Casserole
Comforting, Hearty Breakfast Casserole That is Prepared the Night Before and Baked in the Morning! A family favorite!
Servings: 8 --12
- 12 ounce can of Grands biscuit dough
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 2 3/4 ounce package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13 x 9 pan
- Brown sausage in skillet and drain well.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1 inch pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through.
- Serve warm
Copyright © Maria’s Mixing Bowl. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.