Simple Savory Beef & Mushrooms
This is an old family comfort food dish that has been in my family since I was just a little one. It is still a favorite meal that brings back many memories.
When we were growing up we didn’t have much money but we never really knew it. Most of the families in our neighborhood lived the same as we did. Thinking back now we all had a lot and everything we needed. So mom and even sometimes dad always came up with tasty and creative dishes to feed us kids dinner.
Simple Savory Beef & Mushrooms really is simple! It is one of those meals that I make when we have little time to make dinner and ground beef, mushrooms, onions ,garlic and package brown gravy are staples in our house so it’s never a big deal to make this dinner.
You simply cook the ground beef, add the sliced mushrooms, chopped onions, crushed garlic, black pepper and season salt.
Saute it all together until the onions are translucent. Add 2 packages of beef gravy and 2 cups of water and let it simmer.
We always serve it was either mashed potatoes or noodles and on occasion rice. But most of the time we choose mashed potatoes.
Simple Savory Beef & Mushrooms is total comfort food that brings back so many great memories and tastes amazing. And it freezes well if you happen to have any leftovers.
TRY THIS SIMPLE SAVORY BEEF & MUSHROOMS TODAY!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, I use 85 % lean
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 envelopes brown gravy
- 2 cups water
- Saute beef until just cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in sliced mushrooms, chopped onions and minced garlic.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until onions are just translucent.
- Add both packages brown gravy and 2 cups of water.
- Stir until ingredients are mixed well and let simmer on medium low heat for about 20 minutes and gravy is thickened.