Skillet Kielbasa and Cabbage – When you’re looking for a flavorful dish the whole family will enjoy, make this Skillet Kielbasa and Cabbage. It’s one of favorite family meals.
Skillet Kielbasa and Cabbage is one of those recipes that will remind you of how great simple and flavorful dinners can be, and that you don’t need fancy ingredients to make a meal that everyone will love. We make this at least every other week. It is so simple to make.
The star of this dish is kielbasa of course and cabbage. The kielbasa is nice and smokey and the cabbage with the other spices pairs along great with the kielbasa.
When cooking the cabbage it will soften without losing all it’s crunch, and the other ingredients garlic, onion, apple cider vinegar, sugar and dijon mustard will flavor and blend it all together.
It makes for a perfect weeknight dinner when you want to get something tasty on the table quick when your short on time.
Make this easy Skillet Kielbasa and Cabbage and I’m sure you will be making it over and over again.
Make this Skillet Kielbasa and Cabbage today!!
Skillet Kielbasa and Cabbage
- 2 lbs cooked kielbasa sliced into in half lengthwise, then cut into 2 inch pieces or cut into rounds
- 1 medium cabbage chopped
- 1 large onion chopped into larger pieces
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon or spicy brown mustard
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high and add kielbasa. Let cook for a minute or so then stir and cook for a few more minutes until kielbasa is browned. Remove to a plate.In the same pan , add the cabbage, garlic, onion sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for about 9-10 minutes, stirring about every 3 minutes. Cook until cabbage is cooked to the softness you like.Add in the apple cider vinegar and mustard; add the kielbasa back to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes to heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.Serve over noodles mashed potatoes or as we like it on it's own with a salad.