If you love dishes with an Asian flair, then get ready to fall in love with this sweet and tangy Skillet Pineapple Chicken. It’s a great, protein-packed recipe that’s perfect over a nice bed of white rice.
We love our savory dishes as much as we do our sweets, and this chicken is the perfect example of our style. It’s full of simple ingredients to make a delicious dish that’s as easy as it is tasty.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses simple ingredients easily found at your local store.
- It’s loaded with sweet, zingy Asian flavors.
- It makes the perfect family dinner.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this delicious recipe, and it’s all right there at your grocery store. The main players are below, but you’ll find the complete list of ingredients in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Broccoli florets
- Chopped red bell pepper
- Fresh pineapple
- Sliced green onions (garnish)
- Toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
- Soy sauce
- Pineapple juice
- Sesame oil
- Minced garlic
- Ground ginger
🔪 How to Make Skillet Pineapple Chicken
Making this recipe is a straightforward process. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in just a few minutes.
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook it in avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Step 2: Cook the Vegetables
Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and pineapple to the pan. Stir and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Step 3: Make the Sauce
While the vegetables are cooking, combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, sesame oil, honey, minced garlic, ground ginger, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Step 4: Finish the Dish
Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and toss to combine. Serve over rice and garnish with sliced onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes for a kick of heat.
- Fresh Pineapple – You can use canned pineapple if you don’t have fresh.
- Sides – Serve over rice or noodles.
If you love the Asian flavors in this recipe, then check out this slow cooker Asian chicken noodles soup.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
Store this in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. for longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Don’t cook the chicken too long initially. You wan tit to be finished just as the vegetables are getting tender.
- Make your rice at the same time as your pineapple chicken. They’ll be ready at about the same time.
- Save your broccoli stalks when cutting off the florets. They can be sliced up and steamed.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Pineapple chicken is a sweet and tangy dish made with chicken, bell pepper, and pineapple.
In recipes like this one where the chicken is cubed, simply cooking it for about 10 to 15 minutes until no longer pink is enough to know it’s done because of its small interior.
Whole breasts should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165, while chicken thighs should be cooked to an internal temperature of 170.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy chicken? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Skillet Pineapple Chicken
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into bite-sized pieces
- toasted sesame seeds optional garnish
- sliced green onions optional garnish
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Add a tablespoon of avocado oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the cubed chicken to the hot pan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, chopped red bell pepper and pineapple to the pan. Stir and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- While chicken and vegetables are cooking, prepare the sauce. Add soy sauce, pineapple juice, sesame oil, honey, minced garlic, ground ginger and cornstarch to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan on medium heat. Allow the liquid to come to a simmer. Whisk and continue cooking for about 3-4 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and vegetables. Toss to combine.
- Serve pineapple chicken over rice if desired. Garnish sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Leave a Reply