Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup combines all the classic flavors of a bacon cheeseburger in a rich, cheesy soup. It’s the perfect fall and winter dish, especially for burger lovers!
We love grilling burgers in the summer. In the winter, we love to cook all types of soups and stews. We decided to combine those two loves into one dish, and the results are amazing! If you love a good bacon cheeseburger, then this is the soup for you!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a few simple ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy slow cooker recipe that takes almost no effort.
- It’s loaded with ground beef, bacon, and cheese.
- It’s the perfect, hearty soup for the fall and winter.
You’ll only need a few easy ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all at your local grocery store quickly and easily.
All the ingredients are listed here, but be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact amounts.
- Ground beef – browned and drained
- Onion – chopped
- Carrots – shredded
- Russet potatoes – peeled and chopped
- Cooked bacon – divided
- Steak seasoning
- Onion powder
- Chicken broth
- Velveeta – cubed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
This slow cooker recipe is a super easy one that’s perfect for any occasion or any day of the week. It takes minimal prep, and then the slow cooker does all the work. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Add Everything Except Cheese and Milk
Add the ground beef, potatoes, carrots, bacon, onion, garlic, seasonings, and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Step 2: Cook
Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours until the potatoes are tender.
Step 3: Add the Cheese and Milk
30 minutes before the soup is done, add the cubed Velveeta cheese and milk. Stir to combine and let the cheese melt. Serve garnished with bacon, cheddar cheese, and scallions.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Try adding diced jalapenos for a kick of heat and flavor.
- Ground Beef – You can use ground turkey, pork, or chorizo for this recipe.
- Milk – For a richer soup, use half and half in place of milk.
- Russet Potatoes – You can use red potatoes, fingerling potatoes, or baby potatoes.
If you think this bacon cheeseburger soup looks good, then check out our Instant Pot bacon cheeseburger soup version.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Slow cooker
Refrigerate this soup for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Always drain your beef so you don’t end up with greasy soup.
- Cook the ground beef until no longer pink and no further. Overcooking it will make it rubbery and flavorless.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Bacon cheeseburger soup is a rich, cheesy soup made with ground beef, onions, carrots, potatoes, and cheese.
If you notice a shimmery, greasy look to your soup, it probably means that you didn’t drain your ground beef or didn’t drain it well enough.
No. Velveeta is a real dairy product, but it is not real cheese. It’s still delicious, though!
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy soup? Then try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- slow cooker
- 1 pounds lean ground beef browned and drained
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 carrots shredded
- 4 russet potatoes peel and chopped
- 12 sliced cooked bacon divided
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces velveeta cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar for topping
- Scallions for garnish
- Place your browned and drain ground beef in the slow cooker.
- Add your chopped potatoes, carrots, bacon, onion, garlic, seasonings, chicken broth, in the slow cooker.
- Stir everything to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- 30 minutes before serving add in the cubed velveta and milk.
- Stir to combine.
- Once cheese is all melted garnish with more bacon, cheese and scallions.