Sweet and Spicy Sticky Chicken Fingers – Crispy, chicken fingers tossed in a sweet and sticky glaze. You won’t be able to keep your hands off of these!
We are chicken lovers in my house. Chicken wings, Chicken tenders, chicken breasts, chicken every which way.
Sweet and Spicy Sticky Chicken Fingers were came to us one night when we were going to make boneless buffalo wings then decided on sweet chili wings then that changed to something else, then that changed too. So anyways it ended up being boneless chicken breasts .Which ended up being this. And this turned out to be one of our favorite chicken dinners EVER!
Don’t those meals end up being the best meals anyways lol ?!! I love that these chicken fingers are baked, ( so that I don’t have to stand over the stove frying) but you’d never know it from how they taste. They are incredibly crunchy! And it uses Panko breadcrumbs, which I’m completely obsessed with!
You can use chicken breasts cut into strips or chicken tenders for this. You can even use chicken thighs if you prefer. I just happen to like chicken breasts because I can cut them to the size I like and they are bigger and thicker than the tenderloins.
So make a batch of these Sweet and Spicy chicken Fingers and I guarantee you will fall in love with their crunchy finger lickin sweet and spicy goodness.
Sweet And Spicy Sticky Chicken Fingers
Sweet And Spicy Sticky Chicken Fingers - Crispy, chicken fingers tossed in a sweet and sticky glaze. You won’t be able to keep your hands off of these!Print Pin Rate
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- ¾ - 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt optional
- 4 eggs + 4 tablespoons water
- 2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups brown sugar light or dark
- ½ cup Frank's hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips. Add chicken strips , salt ( if using) and flour to a large plastic resealable bag. Seal and toss to coat chicken in flour.
- Place panko crumbs in a bowl. In another bowl whisk together eggs and water. Dip floured chicken strips into egg mixture, then toss in panko crumbs to coat.
- Place coated chicken pieces on greased baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Bake 20 or so minutes until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Add brown sugar , minced garlic and hot sauce to a medium sauce pan and stir over medium-high heat until melted and mixture comes to a boil. Let simmer for a good 5 minutes . Remove from heat and stir in garlic powder and butter until smooth. Add water to thin out sauce as desired.
- When chicken strips are done cooking, dip chicken strips in sauce .
- Serve warm with ranch dressing or any dressing of your choice. We like buttermilk ranch. I also serve any extra spicy sauce on the side. Enjoy