Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Wings
These Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Wings are tangy, spicy and full of flavor. They are the perfect game day appetizer or party snack. The slow cooker does all the work for you so you don’t have to worry about making them.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can make it with just a few simple ingredients. And, with just a few minutes of prep time you can have a delicious meal to feed your family in no time at all.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe is a delicious way to enjoy wings without all the mess and hassle of deep frying.
- The slow cooker does all the work for you so you don’t have to worry about monitoring them as they cook.
- Plus, they’re full of flavor with a tangy, spicy kick that will have your guests asking for more.
You only need a few basic ingredients to help you make this slow cooker recipe. All of these ingredients are basic staples that you can find at your local grocery store. So, take one quick trip to the store and enjoy these tender wings.
- fresh chicken wings
- hot wing sauce
- dry ranch seasoning
- brown sugar
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Wings
Making this delicious recipe is super simple. Just follow these step-by-step instructions below or in the recipe card and you will have delicious crock pot wings in no time at all.
Step 1: Add the wings
In your slow cooker place all the wings.
Step 2: Make the sauce
In a small bowl combine the wing sauce, ranch seasoning and brown sugar. Pour over the wings.
Step 3: Cook the wings
Place the butter over the wings. Cook on low for 3-4 hours until tender.
Step 4: Coat the wings in sauce
Place the wings on a foil lined baking sheet. Brush with the sauce from the slow cooker and place under the broiler.
Step 5: Broil the wings
Broil for about 5 minutes or until nice and golden. You can baste more if you like while broiling. Keep an eye on the wings under the broiler as you don’t want them to burn.
Step 6: Serve and enjoy
Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Sauces: Use different sauces such as teriyaki or sweet & sour.
- Flavor: Add some garlic powder and onion powder for extra flavor.
- Spicy: Add more hot sauce or cayenne pepper to the sauce if you want some extra heat.
If you love ranch and wings then next you will want to give these Ranch Instant Pot Wings a try!
You will need a few basic kitchen tools to help you make this slow cooker buffalo ranch wings. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this simple appetizer recipe.
- slow cooker
- foiled lined baking sheet
Storing – Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Reheating – Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F until heated through. For about 8 – 12 minutes.
Freezing – Place cooked wings in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
Here are a few tips to help you make these delicious ranch wings.
- Use a good quality wing sauce for best results.
- Be sure to cook the wings in the slow cooker until they are very tender, then crisp up under the broiler.
- If you want extra heat add some cayenne pepper or hot sauce to the sauce before cooking.
- For easy clean up, you can use a slow cooker liner or spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Do you have questions about this slow cooker buffalo ranch wings recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
For this recipe you want to sauce them before you cook them, and then baste them again before you broil them. Trust me you will love the flavor that cooking them this way brings.
If your wings aren’t crispy they need to sit under the broiler for another minute or two to help them firm up.
No, the wings turn out juicy and tender, however once you pop them under the broiler they will crisp up quickly.
🍽 More Wings Recipes
Do you enjoy chicken wings, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Wings
- slow cooker
- small bowl
- foil limed baking sheet
- 2-3 pounds fresh chicken wings
- 1 cup hot wing sauce like Franks
- 1 ounce dry ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In your slow cooker place all the wings.
- In a small bowl combine the wing sauce, ranch seasoning and brown sugar.
- Pour over the wings.
- Place the butter over the wings.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours until tender.
- Place the wings on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush with the sauce from the slow cooker and place under the broiler.
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until nice and golden. You can baste more if you like while broiling.
- Keep an eye on the wings under the broiler as you don’t want them to burn.
- Serve with ranch!