1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
2. Using a standing mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg until combined and smooth
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
4. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and a dough forms
5. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough onto the parchment paper
6. Using a fork, lightly press the fork flat onto the dough to make an indent of the fork
7. Turn the fork and make another indent that way on the dough it looks like an X
8. Repeat steps with 11 more dough mounds
9. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Do not over bake!
10. Remove from oven and sprinkle sugar on top
11. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!