Peanut Butter Cookies – These classic cookies have quickly become one of our favorite cookie. Soft, chewy, so ahhh-mazingly delicious! You need these in your life.
There is nothing like a soft and chewy Peanut Butter Cookie. It brings back the best childhood memories. I could hardly wait for them to come out of the oven. There was nothing like a warm peanut butter cookie. I have always been a peanut butter lover. There no dough chilling required for this cookie recipe!
Don’t get me wrong I love all kinds of cookies but peanut butter and oatmeal bring back more childhood memories than others do so I quess I tend to love them just a little bit more. Plus anything with peanut butter is comfort food to me. I could eat these nonstop. That can be a bad thing.
What I love about these cookies is the center are creamy, chewy yet the edges are just a bit crisp. These peanut butter cookies have a great texture. They are made with sweet cream butter and a little bit of shortening just like back in the day when mom and grandma used to bake cookies. If you love classic cookies these are the cookies for you!
The best way to get super soft peanut butter cookies is to only baking them for about 10-12 minutes tops. The tops of the cookies should look set. That is when you want to remove them from the oven. As they cool on the baking sheet, the cookies will firm up, but still stay super soft. When you store them in an airtight container they will stay soft and perfect for a couple of weeks.
Can you freeze Peanut Butter Cookies? Yes for about 2 months
MORE COOKIE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
2. Using a standing mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg until combined and smooth
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
4. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and a dough forms
5. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough onto the parchment paper
6. Using a fork, lightly press the fork flat onto the dough to make an indent of the fork
7. Turn the fork and make another indent that way on the dough it looks like an X
8. Repeat steps with 11 more dough mounds
9. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Do not over bake!
10. Remove from oven and sprinkle sugar on top
11. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!