These Zucchini Fritters are unbelievably easy to make, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies! They make a great appetizer . Which is one of my new ways to serve these during football season!
Zucchini Fritters have been a family favorite for years and are a staple in our home all year long. We love the how easy they are to make and that zucchini is available all year long not just in the summer months. Although the garden is overflowing with zucchini in the summer so these are in the fridge almost every day. They are excellent for breakfast, brunch or lunch. I really love these for breakfast with eggs.
Reminiscent of potato latkes, these zucchini fritters are paired sour cream and chopped scallions.
The trick to making this zucchini fritter is making sure you squeeze out as much of the water from the zucchini as possible. So grate the zucchini and place it in a dish towel or cheese clothe and squeeze well.
Yum Make these Zucchini Fritters today!
1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 24 fritters
- 2 lb zucchini about 2 large or 4 medium
- 1 tsp plus ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped green onions plus more for garnish
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Sour Cream to serve
- Wash zucchini and trim off ends. Grate on the large holes of a box grater or using the grater attachment for the food processor.
- Place zucchini in a large mixing bowl, stir in 1 tsp salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, squeeze handfuls of zucchini tightly over the sink to remove excess water.Then place it in cheesecloth or a dishtowel to wring out any excess water.
- Add ½ cups chopped green onion and 2 lightly beaten eggs.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 cup flour with 1 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper, or season to taste.
- Add flour mixture into zucchini mixture and stir until well combined.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 TBSP olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini mixture a heaping tablespoon at a time and flatten out the tops slightly.
- Sautee 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. If they brown too quickly, reduce the heat. Serve warm with sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions.