Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – Chewy decadent Zucchini Oatmeal chocolate Chip Cookies! The best way to use your garden zucchini.
Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!! Well the zucchini is everywhere!! So I am adding it to everything. Cakes, breads, cookies, muffins, side dishes, eggs, ect. I love these cookies because you can add anything to them and they always taste delicious, chewy and moist.
I have added dried cranberries, raisins, white chocolate chips, today I used cinnamon chips, well you get the idea. Just use whatever you have in your pantry. You can add more chips if you like also but I think this is just the right amount.
I’d say Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is definitely one of the best uses I could ever think of for zucchini. Zucchini is delicious sauteed, baked fried, stuffed, made into zoodles, made into a lasagna but add it to cookies, sweet breads, and cakes along with sweet cinnamon, chewy oats, and a fair amount of chocolate chips and you get something totally irresistible.
Delicious, home style, chewy and flavorful cookies. Try these Zucchini Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies soon, everyone will love them!
Make these Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies today!
Zucchini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini about 1 medium
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 2/3 cups 10-oz. pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips or a mix of both or any chips you like. ( I used 1/2 semi sweet and 1/2 cinnamon chips today)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars in large mixer bowl until well combined. Add egg and vanilla extract, beat well.
- Add zucchini; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, and morsels.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
- Recipe adapted with some changes from Nestle