Air Fryer Mongolian Beef
This Air Fryer Mongolian Beef takes the classic Asian favorite and gives it a twist by making it in the air fryer. The flavors are superb, and the total time is less than half an hour!
The only thing we love more than delicious recipes is a delicious recipe that is FAST. That’s why we love making this one. We can be in and out of the kitchen in no time, and we’ll have one of our favorite take-out meals on the table!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a few simple ingredients to make.
- It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- It’s full of authentic Mongolian beef flavor.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe only uses simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. The major ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Ginger paste
- Minced garlic
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Flank or sirloin steak strips
- Fresh green beans
- Chopped green onions
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Mongolian Beef
Making this recipe is just as easy as the ingredient list. It’s just a matter of tossing and air frying. That’s it!
Step 1: Cook the Steak and Green Beans
Toss the steak and green beans in olive oil and sesame oil. Then, place them in a tray or on a rack in the air fryer. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees, stirring halfway through.
Step 2: Make the Sauce
While the steak and green beans cook, heat the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger paste, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until thickened.
Step 3: Serve
Remove the steak and green beans from the ai fryer, toss them in the sauce, and serve garnished with green onions.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes to the sauce for a kick of heat.
- Beef – You can make this with chicken or pork, as well.
- Rice or Noodles – Serve this over rice or noodles.
If you think this looks good, check out our other Mongolian beef recipe. You’ll love it.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Air fryer
Store this for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freeze-safe container.
- Always preheat your air fryer for even cooking and proper cooking times.
- Toss your beef and green beans liberally with oil. This helps them cook to perfection.
- Don’t forget to stir halfway through cooking the Mongolian beef so everything is done evenly.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Not at all. Although the name may say otherwise, Mongolian beef is actually a Taiwanese dish developed when Mongolian barbecue restaurants first began to appear.
Despite its name, Mongolian barbecue is neither Mongolian nor barbecue. In reality, it’s a stir fry dish developed in Taiwan in the 1950s.
Mongolian beef is typically served over rice or noodles, with the former being the most common.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy beef? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Air Fryer Mongolian Beef
- Air Fryer
- Baking dish
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons Minced garlic
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ¼ cup Water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound Flank or sirloin steak cut into strips
- ½ pound Fresh green beans trimmed
- ¼ cup Green onions chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Toss the steak and green beans in the olive oil and sesame oil.
- Place the steak and green beans in a tray or on a rack, and place into the air fryer for 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway through the cook time.
- While the steak and green beans are cooking, heat the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger paste, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until thickened.
- Remove the steak and green beans from the air fryer, toss in the sauce, and serve garnished with green onions.