This easy Tiktok Cucumber Salad blew up on the app, and it’s easy to see why. Cucumber spirals are mixed with a light, flavorful, sweet, and spicy Asian sauce to create a dish that’s a blast of zingy flavor in every bite.
There’s a reason that this cucumber salad took off on TikTok. It’s delicious! We found this one while scrolling through food content creators, and we knew we had to try it. You guys, it’s amazing!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This TikTok Cucumber Salad Recipe
- It uses just a few simple ingredients.
- It’s full of complex flavors, but it’s an easy recipe to make.
- It makes a great side to pair with all of your other favorite Asian mains.
This recipe only uses a few ingredients that you can get at any local grocery store. You’ll have no issues finding anything. Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the exact quantities.
- Soy sauce
- Crushed garlic
- Rice vinegar
- Chinese chili oil
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Green onion
🔪 How to Make TikTok Cucumber Salad
Making this Tiktok cucumber salad is super easy to make. It only takes a few minutes and a few steps. Anyone can make it, and everyone will love it.
Step 1: Make the Dressing
Combine the minced garlic, sugar, sesame seeds, and green onion in a small bowl. Then, add the rice vinegar and oil and mix.
Step 2: Make the Cucumber Spirals
Put a cucumber on two chopsticks and cut it at an angle but not all the way through. Repeat for all cucumbers.
Step 3: Salt the Cucumbers
Place the cucumbers in a bowl and mix the salt into them. Let sit for 8 to 12 minutes, then rinse with water.
Step 4: Complete the Cucumber Salad
Add the cucumbers to a bowl and pour the sauce over them. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spiral Cut – If you don’t want to spiral cut the cucumbers, you can just slice them.
- Mild – Omit the chili oil for a mild version.
- Extra Spicy – Add diced jalapenos or red pepper flakes for an even spicier salad.
If this cucumber salad looks good to you, then you’ll love our Bang Bang Cucumbers.
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
Refrigerate this cucumber salad for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. This recipe won’t freeze well.
💭 TikTok Cucumber Salad Tips
- Be sure to let your cucumbers sit salted for the full 8 to 10 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Enjoy this salad fresh if possible. Although it can be stored for a few days, the texture degrades.
- Serve this with all of your favorite Asian main dishes. It’s super versatile!
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Asian cucumber salad is a light take on traditional creamy cucumber salad. In place of mayonnaise or other such heavy condiments, the dressing is made with vinegar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and other lighter ingredients.
TikTok cucumber salad is just an Asian cucumber salad that was discovered by a new generation. It’s a classic Asian cucumber salad, but it blew up on TikTok.
You don’t have to cut the cucumbers into spirals. It won’t affect the flavor at all if you slice them. It’s strictly for looks!
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy creative salads? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Tiktok Cucumber Salad
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- 5-6 small cucumbers
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 3 teaspoons Rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Chinese chili oil
- 3 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons Green onion
- In a small bowl, mix the minced garlic, sugar, sesame seeds and green onion.
- Add rice vinegar and all of the oil. Mix.
- To make spirals, put a cucumber on two chopsticks and cut the cucumbers at an angle but not all the way through.
- Salt cucumbers and leave for 8-12 minutes. Rinse with water.
- Pour marinade over cucumbers.