Bakery Quality Cake From a Box –Try these easy tricks to make box cakes taste like they came from a bakery!
Once you make a cake this way I doubt you will make it straight from the box again.
The flavor is so much better and truly has a much richer taste. You can make any flavor you like and come out with a rich and delicious cake. It’s amazing what just a few additions to a boxed cake mix can do. Make a Bakery Quality Cake From a Box and you will never go back to making a cake straight from the box again!
Bakery Quality Cake From a Box!!!
Try these tricks easy to make box cakes taste like they came from a bakery!
Servings: 8 -10
- Check out the directions on the cake mix.
- Add one more egg or add 2 if you want it to be very rich
- Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount.
- Instead of water use milk.
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp butter flavor extract
- if it is a vanilla, white, chocolate or cherry cake, also add 1/2 t Almond Extract
- Mix well and pour into a 9 x 13 cake pan that has been greased and floured.
- Wrap the pan with insulated cake pan strips>>>you can buy them at wal mart. I personally just ripped up an old thick towel.
- Tear into strips about 2-3″ wide. Make a strip long enough to fit around any pan you use. If you need to piece it together to make it fit, use sewing pins (straight pins).
- Soak the strip with cold water and wring it out a little…wrap your pan with it.
- The strips keep the pan edges from heating up too fast and will allow the cake to rise evenly all the way out to the edges of the pan…no more hard edges on your cakes
- Bake for the time recommended on the box, until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean
- Let cool completely before you frost.