These Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken Tacos are a tropical twist on a Mexican favorite. Classic seasoning is combined with honey and lime for a delicious sweet and tangy flavor you’ll love.
These tacos are my new favorite slow cooker dish. The lime and honey and seasoning make this chicken super flavorful. It is so versatile and can be used in tacos, nachos, burrito bowls, anything you like!
We love delicious recipes. We also love easy recipes. And, we ALSO love combining different flavors to create unexpected delicious meals. This recipe ticks all three of those boxes and that’s why we love it. That’s why we think you’ll love it, too!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It’s an incredibly easy recipe perfect for weeknight family meals.
- The honey and lime adds a tropical twist to a Mexican classic.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. Everything you need is waiting at your grocery store. Easy peasy!
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fajita seasoning
- Lime juice
- Chicken stock
- Garlic, minced
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
This recipe is as easy to make is it is to shop four. The slow cooker does all the work! You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Combine all the Ingredients
Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker. Then, combine the seasoning, lime juice, honey, chicken stock, garlic, and paprika and pour it over the chicken.
Step 2: Cook
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Then, shred the chicken and return it to the juice in the slow cooker. Serve over tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add diced jalapenos for a kick of flavor and extra heat.
- Veggies – 2 hours before the chicken is finished, add sliced onions and bell peppers.
- Chicken – You can make this with beef, pork, or chicken thighs.
If you love easy Mexican dishes like this, then check out our Instant Pot steak tacos.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Slow cooker
- Forks or shredding claws
Store this in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Shred the chicken while it’s nice and hot. Cool meat doesn’t shred nearly as easily.
- Combine the seasonings and liquid before adding to the slow cooker so all the flavors meld.
- Feel free to load these tacos up with all of your favorite toppings.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Hot or warm meat is still pliable and tender, making it easy to shred. When meat cools, it becomes tougher and more difficult to shred.
No, you don’t. In fact, experts now recommend that you don’t wash it. It doesn’t rid the chicken of any bacteria, and it can spread bacteria all over the kitchen because of splashing water.
Tortillas absorb liquid, and recipes like this have quite a bit of moisture. Serve these tacos immediately to avoid excess sogginess.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy tacos? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
- small bowl or measuring cup
- slow cooker
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ounce fajita seasoning
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Lime and parsley to garnish optional
- To your slow cooker add the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl combine the fajita seasoning, lime juice, honey, chicken stock, garlic and paprika.
- Pour the sauce mix over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and return to the juice in the slow cooker.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.