Brown Sugar Meatloaf Recipe – A family favorite recipe. Browns Sugar Meatloaf is loaded with rich full flavors yet is so simple to make!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with Choctoberfest. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Choctoberfest recipes. All opinions are mine alone
Welcome to #Choctoberfest 2018 with Imperial Sugar!
This is one of my favorite weeks of the year because #Choctoberfest is finally here! From now until the end of the week, I am joining forces with over 100 other bloggers from around the world to post delicious chocolate recipes. Every day, #Choctoberfest bloggers will be celebrating all things chocolate – milk, dark, white, bittersweet, semi-sweet, and cocoa!
We are starting with a #Choctoberfest prize pack from our generous sponsors. Scroll down to learn how you can enter to win. One lucky winner will receive the following:
- A 100-Piece Cake Decorating Kit from our blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen. This set includes a cake turntable, piping bags, piping tips, flower nozzles, scapers, and more.
- An Instant Pot and a 40-Pound Case of Granulated Sugar from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar. Imperial Sugar provides high-quality sugar and sweetener products and over 100 years of time-tested recipes. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations.
- Coconut Oil and Chocolate Silk Greens from our silver sponsor Barlean’s, your trusted source for chocolatey goodness superfood nutrition. Barlean’s has a commitment to staying ahead of the innovation curve in providing the absolute highest quality product.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Forte Chocolates.You’ll receive 12 of their most popular chocolate bars. With Forte Chocolates, you can celebrate life through chocolate. They also have a line of chocolate developed specifically to use in savory recipes.
- A Chocolate Gift Pack from our silver sponsor Divine Chocolate. You’ll receive one of each of their baking bars, a white chocolate bar, and their top 5 everyday bars. Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company in the world that is owned by cocoa farmers. Their baking bars are also a delicious vegan option.
- A Selection of Sprinkles from our silver sponsor Sprinkle Pop. Sprinkle Pop’s bespoke sprinkle creations are one of a kind, just like you! At Sprinkle Pop, you can also order a custom sprinkle mix; there isn’t a sprinkle mix that you can dream up that they can’t create.
That’s a prize pack worth over $400! Open worldwide, except where prohibited. Must be 18+ to enter (21+ in some locations). See terms and conditions for more details.
To enter, simply follow our sponsors using the widget below. You can gain additional entries by following me and the other participating bloggers. A winner will be drawn on October 21, 2018, and contacted via email. Good luck!
Don’t forget to come back to my blog for more chocolatey goodness between now and October 20.
Check out our participating bloggers:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ 27th and Olive ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ A Little Fish in the Kitchen ♥addicted 2 recipes ♥ Amy’s Cooking Adventures ♥ An Affair from the Heart ♥April GoLightly ♥ At the Table with R and R ♥ Baking Sense ♥ Blade & Barbell ♥Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Books n’ Cooks♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥Canning and Cooking at Home ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings ♥Coconut & Lime ♥ Cook With Renu♥ Cook’s Hideout ♥ Cookaholic Wife♥ Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt ♥CopyKat.com ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥Everyday Eileen ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥Growing Up Gabel ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks ♥Home Sweet Homestead ♥ House of Nash Eats ♥ Intelligent Domestications ♥ jenniferbakes ♥ JoAnn’s Food Bites ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥Kate’s Recipe Box ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats ♥ LeMoine Family Kitchen ♥Life on Food ♥ Life, Love, and Good Food ♥ Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish ♥ Little House Big Alaska ♥ Long Distance Baking ♥Maria’s Mixing Bowl ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Must Love Home ♥Norine’s Nest ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Our Sutton Place ♥ OVENTales ♥Palatable Pastime ♥ Prettysweetblog ♥ Red Cottage Chronicles ♥ Restless Chipotle ♥ Reviews, Chews & How-Tos ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥Sarah’s Bake Studio ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seasonal and Holiday Recipe Exchange ♥ Seasoned Sprinkles ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Simple Family Crazy Life ♥ Simply Inspired Meals ♥ Snacks and Sips ♥ Soulfully Made ♥Stephie The Happy Mom ♥ Sumptuous Spoonfuls ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Take Two Tapas ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine ♥ The Gingered Whisk ♥ The Heritage Cook ♥ The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen ♥ The Olive Blogger ♥ The Pajama Chef ♥ The Redhead Baker ♥ The Saucy Fig ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Trampling Rose ♥ Turnips 2 Tangerines♥ Walking Fruitfully ♥ Wendy Polisi ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen ♥Zesty South Indian Kitchen
Brown Sugar Meatloaf is one of our all time favorite comfort foods. We used Imperial Brown Sugar to make this meatloaf. This is Imperial Sugar’s 175th anniversary.Meatloaf brings back so many childhood memories and we love the fact that it is so simple to put together.
This Brown Sugar Meatloaf recipe has been around forever and sometimes when we make it we even double it and make an extra loaf and freeze one for later.
We always like to make a meal for the freezer to have on hand for a night when we may not feel like cooking or just don’t have the time. Just don’t put the glaze on until your cooking it.
This meatloaf is a breeze to make. Some ground beef, chopped onion and green pepper, bread crumbs, shredded cheese, ketchup, egg, brown sugar, pepper ect and you have yourself a delicious dinner to pop in the oven.
did I mention that leftovers if there are any make a scrumptious sandwich?! Well yes it does. A perfect filling for a grilled cheese meatloaf sandwich if I do say so myself.
So give this delicious meatloaf a try I bet you will love it as much as we do!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 1 oz packet Onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese,you can use any kind you like
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Form into a meatloaf and place in a foil lined pan. ( this makes for easy clean up!)
4. Bake for 40 minutes. Combine ketchup and brown sugar for the topping and spread over the top of the meatloaf. Bake for 15 minutes or until meatloaf is cooked through.
5.Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing.