Brussels Sprouts Parmesan in Garlic Butter – Roasting Brussels sprouts like this give them so much flavor! The garlic butter sauce and Parmesan cheese makes it even more special.
Brussels Sprouts Parmesan in Garlic Butter –I remember when I wouldn’t even touch a brussels sprouts! I think it was because they were always served just boiled and so plain.
Brussel sprouts have always gotten such a bad rap. Remember when you used to get them out of a can? Or they came frozen solid in a box? No wonder they were so awful and mushy! But no more!! Fresh Brussels Sprouts are everywhere now and a very popular veggie!
Now I could eat them all the time! Roasting Brussels sprouts like this give them so much flavor!
The garlic butter sauce and Parmesan cheese in this Brussels Sprouts Parmesan in Garlic Butter is just a tasty little bonus.
They’re super easy to make and even non Brussels sprouts lovers will like them. This is how I started loving them!!
These are fabulous and far superior to the way I used to make Brussels Sprouts. I can’t believe I used to boil or steam my Brussels Sprouts! Eeek No wonder I hated them,
The brown roasty part is what makes them so go along with the buttery garlic flavor ! If you are cooking for a crowd you will need a couple of pans to make this recipe. But it so so worth it.
Make Brussels Sprouts Parmesan in Garlic Butter today!
Brussels Sprouts Parmesan in Garlic Butter
Brussels Sprouts Parmesan in Garlic Butter! Roasting Brussels sprouts like this give them so much flavor! The garlic butter sauce and Parmesan cheese makes it even more special.
Servings: 2 -4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise (use fresh only)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic smashed with the flat of a knife and chopped a bit
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup or more freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet until butter is foamy.
- Reduce heat to medium, add smashed up garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic and set it aside.
- Add brussels sprouts cut side down and chicken stock, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned and the broth should be evaporated .
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan and salt & pepper to taste.
- You can add some of the cooked garlic but chopping it finely and add to the sprouts if you like it very garlicy
Copyright © Maria’s Mixing Bowl. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.