This Butterfinger Lush is layers of chocolate cookie crust, peanut butter cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and sweet whipped topping. It’s the perfect summertime dessert to make when you are craving something rich and peanut buttery.
The delicious mix of chocolate and peanut butter flavors will have everyone asking for seconds! This Butterfinger Lush is sure to be a hit at any get-together or potluck. It’s also easy enough for even novice bakers to make, so there’s no need to worry about difficult steps.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Butterfinger Lush is a simple no-bake recipe that’s sure to please any crowd.
- The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is always a classic favorite, and the creamy texture of this dessert will have you coming back for more.
- Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and you don’t have to worry about turning on the oven and heating up the house.
You only need simple ingredients to help you make this delicious recipe. Plus, all of these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store so you don’t have to worry about spending time trying to track down specialty ingredients.
- chocolate sandwich cookies
- cream cheese
- peanut butter
- powdered sugar
- whipped topping
- instant chocolate pudding mix
- mini Butterfingers
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Butterfinger Lush
Making this no bake dessert is so simple. Just follow the directions below and you will have a sweet and creamy dessert in no time at all.
Step 1: Make the crust
In a food processor crush the cookies. And, then mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press evenly into an 9×9 baking dish.
Step 2: Make the cream cheese layer
In a large bowl using an electric mixer whip together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping. And then, spread over the crust evenly.
Step 3: Make the pudding
Next, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth. And, then spread the pudding mixture carefully over the peanut butter layer.
Step 4: Garnish
Top with the remaining 2 cups of whipped topping. And, then chop up the Butterfingers and sprinkle them all over the top.
Step 5: Chill before serving
Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Crust: Use different flavored cookies in the crust for a twist on the flavor. Graham crackers and vanilla wafers would work well.
- Additions: Add other mix-ins like chopped nuts or chocolate chips to make it even more decadent.
- Puddings: Swap out the pudding mix for a different flavor, such as vanilla, peanut butter, banana, or pistachio.
If you love peanut butter no bake desserts you may also love this Peanut Butter Icebox Cake recipe.
You won’t need any type of special equipment to make this recipe but you will need a few simple tools. Here are my favorite tools to use to make this easy recipe.
- 9×9 baking dish
- mixing bowls
- electric mixer – hand mixer or stand mixer
- food processor
Store your Butterfinger lush in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or make sure to keep your baking dish tightly covered with a lid.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that this delicious no bake dessert recipe turns out perfectly for you every time that you make it.
- Be sure to use softened cream cheese so that it will mix easily with the other ingredients.
- Make sure you chill your Butterfinger lush completely before serving so that all of the layers are set properly.
- Use a gentle touch when you are spreading out your layers so that they stay even and don’t mix together.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Butterfinger is a candy bar that has a sweet peanut butter-flavored center and a crunchy chocolate coating. It has been around since 1923 and is one of the most popular candy bars in the United States.
Butterfinger was invented by Otto Schnering in 1923. He wanted to create a candy bar that would be different from other chocolate bars on the market, and thus Butterfinger was born.
Unfortunately, no. The layers of this Butterfinger Lush will separate and become soggy when frozen. It is best to store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or serve it the same day.
🍽 More Peanut Butter Recipes
Do you enjoy peanut butter? If so, then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
- 9×9 casserole dish
- mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies (like oreos)
- ½ cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping divided
- 5.1 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6 mini Butterfingers chopped
- In a food processor crush the cookies.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press evenly into an 9×9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer whip together the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spread over crust evenly.
- Next whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth.
- Spread the pudding mixture carefully over the peanut butter layer.
- Top with the remaining 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Chop up the Butterfingers and sprinkle all over the top.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.