Chicken and Mushroom in Lemon Cream Sauce – lemony creamy chicken is a favorite in our home. It has a light lemon flavor and is fork tender.
I have been making Chicken and Mushrooms in Lemon Cream Sauce for well over 20 years now. I remember my friend and I had this dish at a fancy Italian restaurant on vacation. It was called “Pollo in Salsa di Crema Di Limone” and we vowed to recreate it.
The lemon and cream flavor was so perfect together.
After a few tries this one we decided tastes perfect. Just enough lemon and cream combo. It’s kind of like an Alfredo and a Piccata mixed together.
Chicken and Mushrooms in Lemon Cream Sauce will become a favorite meal in your family also.
YUM! Make this creamy lemony chicken today!
Chicken and Mushroom in Lemon Cream Sauce
This lemony creamy chicken is a favorite in our home. It has a light lemon flavor and is fork tender.
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 tbsp. butter divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 16 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 6 boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- flour for dredging
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice use fresh only
- salt and pepper
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Remove to a plate
- Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper, dredge in flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Melt remaining butter and olive oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and saute a few minutes on each side. It doesn’t have to be fully cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter .
- Add broth to the skillet, scraping the bottom of the pan as the broth boils.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to approximately half or so.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mushrooms, pepper and salt to taste.
- Add chicken and simmer for 10 minutes or so. Sauce will thicken up a bit at this point.
- Serve over pasta, rice or noodles of your choice. I use Linguine or bow tie pasta usually
Servings size depends on how much pasta you serve with the chicken I usually make about 1/2-3/4 lb.