Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
If you’re looking for a delicious appetizer to kick off any meal, you’re going to love the taste of these Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls.It’s like combining two of your favorite Chinese foods into one!
Every time we go somewhere and eat Chinese, we often see people piling up their plates with two main items: crab rangoon and egg rolls. And honestly, we get it.
Those two food items are delicious, full of flavor and never seem to disappoint. We were out with friends one night and we got to talking in between bites and we said we have to make these into crab rangoon egg rolls. Let’s do it we said!!
We almost got so excited about making these temping appetizers that we forgot that we were actually there to eat dinner!!
Seeing plates piled high with those two foods got us thinking…and that is exactly how these Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls were born.
Who says that you can’t combine these two classic tastes into once epic dish? We would be getting together for game day soon so this recipe was happening for sure.
I know, without a doubt, that one bite of these will have you craving even more!
Can you use imitation crab instead of fresh crab?
You can, but why?! The taste of fresh crab is so good and delicious. If you have the ability to get it, do so. You won’t be disappointed.
However, if it’s just not an option for you at this point in time, don’t stress. You can still make this recipe using imitation crab instead.
And while the taste is going to be a little bit different than if you’re using fresh, you’re still going to get an awesome taste and flavor.
Why is it important for the cream cheese to be softened?
Cream cheese is so great to cook with, but only when it’s been softened properly. If you try to rush this step or skip over it completely, you’re going to find that your end result just might have lumps of cream cheese in it rather than being nice and smooth.
For this recipe, your cream cheese needs to be softened for certain. The creaminess of the cream cheese is one of the highlights of this dish!
It is so simple to make once you get it put together!
Now that you know you can successfully combine two flavors, what are you waiting for? You’re going to enjoy every single bite of this delicious homemade crab rangoon egg roll recipe!
Whip these up next time you need an appetizer or you just want something amazing to nibble on!
OTHER APPETIZERS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 large scallions, sliced
- 8 oz. fresh lump crab meat, diced finely
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Combine cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and scallions in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in lump crab meat.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture onto the bottom half of an egg roll wrapper, with a corner of the wrapper facing towards you. Brush water around the edges of the egg roll wrapper
- Beginning rolling the wrapper away from you, tucking in the sides around halfway, and roll the egg roll all the way up, making sure that it is tightly rolled.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F in a large deep pot. Fry egg rolls in two batches for 2-3 minutes each, until egg rolls are golden and crisp
- Place cooked egg rolls on a paper towel lined plate and let cool slightly before serving.