Simple Seafood Casserole is the simplest yet our favorite seafood casserole. The garlic and cream bring this all together in a delicious brothy sauce.
We just love this Simple Seafood Casserole. We got the recipe from a local restaurant that we go to quite often. It is simple and easy yet full of flavor.
We go to this restaurant quite often. And this is what I would order almost every time we went there. All the food is delicious but this just happened to be one of my favorites.
When I ordered it that night, the waitress told me she thought they would be taking it off the menu! Yikes!!
I asked the waitress to get the recipe for me. I knew it had to be super simple. She did even better by having the chef come out to speak to me.
So when I begged the chef for the recipe he basically told me ” butter, garlic, salt, cream and whatever else I throw in. You know how we chef’s cook. Oh and some cheese like a Swiss.” I was so very grateful and so glad that I was right.
This was a simple recipe. I could easily whip this out at home and I would be trying this asap!
My brother is a chef so I know how chef’s work very well. When I told him about this recipe he said to me “that sounds about right”.
Chef’s don’t work from a recipe so he said to do what he said. He told me you know how to cook just follow what he said and you’ll get it right.
Easy and so delicious!
So ok the rest was up to me I quess. Well he was pretty much right. I reproduced the same recipe pretty easily. You can do this using some haddock, shrimp, sea scallop, or any other sea food you like.
Most of the time I only use haddock or Cod and Shrimp. I sometimes use Scallops also. Oh and it is perfectly low carb too.
This easy seafood casserole recipe is one of my most requested family favorite recipes. We could eat this weekly with no problem!
We normally serve this with jasmine rice or rice pilaf and broccoli. This casserole is great for a company meal also. You can prepare it earlier in the day and just place it in the oven when your ready for it.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Simple Seafood Casserole
- 1 pound haddock cleaned and skinned
- 1 pound large shrimp cleaned and deviened
- 3- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (use more if neede)
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a glass ceramic 7 x 11 dish with cooking spray
- Cut haddock into about 1 1/2 in chunks and lay in pan. Add shrimp. Salt and pepper.
- Add minced garlic to fish and shrimp
- Pour heavy cream over fish and shrimp and add Swiss cheese.
- place butter around. utter on top of seafood/fish scattering it
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for about 15-20 minutes being careful to not over bake so the shrimp doesn’t overcook.