Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake is a rich and amazingly delicious easy to make family favorite dessert! Large enough to feed a crowd and a potluck favorite!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake has been a family favorite since the first time it was made! It is requested at every party, potluck and family gathering. So naturally we make it or we get “the look”. Yes it’s love that much!
We have made many poke cakes in my day and we just love this one. I like the fact that it has just enough chocolate and uses a yellow cake and not a chocolate one.
I love poke cakes. They are so easy to make and can be made several days in advance. The cake actually tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge. The only problem is knowing that cake is in the fridge and you can’t eat it!! Darn it!
This cake is super delicious! You will be putting on your favorites list I’m sure!
How many poke cakes do you make?
We make so many! They are one of the easiest and most delicious cakes you can make. They are always the first to go at a party or potluck!
Don’t get me wrong, the chocolate one’s are delicious too but I think this one gives you more of the peanut butter flavor and for me that’s what it’s all about!! So I would use a white or yellow cake mix for this to get the full peanut butter flavor.
A cake that is a moist and creamy poke cake that will satisfy all chocolate and peanut lovers in just one bite!
Well you won’t be able to have just one bite of course but seriously if you could just taste that one delicious bite of peanut butter and chocolate, this would be it!
Make this Poke Cake today for the special someone in your life. Or make it for yourself when you need a sweet fix. You deserve a treat too right? You can always share if you want but you don’t have to we won’t tell…
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake - Chocolate and Peanut Butter combine to make this rich and ahh-mazingly delicious easy to make family favorite!
- 1 box yellow cake mix plus the ingredients to make the cake
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate syrup I use Hershey’s
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cool whip thawed
- 1 16oz can chocolate frosting
- Prepare cake according to package directions, adding in 2/3 cup peanut butter before mixing. Bake cake in a greased 9 x 13-inch glass pan.
- While cake is baking , mix sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup together and blend it well.
- When the cake is done and while it’s still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Carefully combine chocolate frosting and Cool Whip. Mixing it well.
- Spread over the top of cake. Chill and enjoy .