Chocolate and Peanut Butter Poke Cake combine to make this rich and delicious easy to make family favorite!
I have made many poke cakes in my day and I just love this one. I like the fact that it has just enough chocolate and uses a yellow cake and not a chocolate one.
I love poke cakes. They are so easy to make and can be made several days in advance. The cake actually tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge. The only problem is knowing that cake is in the fridge and you can’t eat it!! Darn it!
Don’t get me wrong, the chocolate one’s are delicious too but I think this one gives you more of the peanut butter flavor and for me that’s what it’s all about!! So I would use a white or yellow cake mix for this to get the full peanut butter flavor.
A cake that is a moist and creamy poke cake that will satisfy all chocolate and peanut lovers in just one bite!
Well you won’t be able to have just one bite of course but seriously if you could just taste that one delicious bite of peanut butter and chocolate, this would be it!
Make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake today for the special someone in your life.
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus the ingredients to make the cake
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate syrup ( I use Hershey’s )
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 1 (16oz) can chocolate frosting
- Prepare cake according to package directions, adding in ⅔ cup peanut butter before mixing. Bake cake in a greased 9 x 13-inch glass pan.
- While cake is baking , mix sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup together and blend it well.
- When the cake is done and while it’s still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Carefully combine chocolate frosting and Cool Whip. Mixing it well.
- Spread over the top of cake. Chill and enjoy .