These Copycat Chick Fil-A Chicken Minis are absolutely as good as the original, and they’re so easy to make. You can enjoy these tasty bites any time you want!
We love Chick Fil-A, and we’re especially big fans of their chicken minis. Rather than head to the restaurant every time we want them, we decided to make a copycat version, and it is just as amazing as the original!
These Copycat Chick Fil-A Chicken Minis are our favorite breakfast! Chick Fil A Nuggets nestled in warm yeast buns and brushed with honey butter. These are so delicious and everyone will love them. Served with some crispy hash browns and you’ll skip the drive thru!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It’s easy to make and only takes a few minutes.
- Who doesn’t love rolls stuffed with chicken nuggets?
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe only uses a few simple ingredients to make all its tasty flavor. You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store. The major ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list of ingredients and their amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- Dill pickle juice
- Ritz crackers
- Powdered sugar
- Frozen yeast rolls
- Softened butter
🔪 How to Make Copycat Chick Fil-A Chicken Minis
Although this recipe is almost totally homemade, it’s very easy. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen quickly!
Step 1: Marinate the Chicken
Combine the milk and pickle juice. Then, add the chicken pieces, and marinate them for 1 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Make the Breading
Finely crush the crackers in a food processor. Then, mix it with breadcrumbs, flour, paprika, pepper, salt, and powdered sugar.
Step 3: Prep the Oil and Nuggets
Add peanut oil to a deep frying pan, Dutch oven, or a dep fryer and heat it to between 350 and 360 degrees. While the oil is heating, add the coating mixture to a resealable bag, then add the nuggets and shake until completely coated.
Step 4: Fry
Drop the nuggets into the hot oil in batches and fry them for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Then, transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Repeat until all nuggets are cooked.
Step 5: Bake the Rolls
Bake the rolls according to the package directions while you fry the nuggets.
Step 6: Make the Honey Butter
Combine the honey and butter in a small bowl.
Step 7: Make the Chicken Minis
Brush the rolls with honey butter as soon as you remove them from the oven. Then, split the rolls in half and add a chicken nugget to each. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Milk – Use buttermilk for more tender chicken nuggets with a tangy twist.
- Spicy – Add some cayenne to the coating for a kick of heat.
- Ritz – Any buttery cracker will work for the breading.
If rolls stuffed with tasty ingredients are your thing, then check out these ham and cheese sticks.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Resealable bag
- Dutch oven, deep fryer, or deep frying pan
- Baking sheet
Store the chicken in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Store the rolls in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
For longer storage, you can freeze the chicken nuggets for up to 3 months in the freezer. Be aware that the breading may be soggy depending on how you reheat them.
- It’s important to marinate your chicken for at least an hour, but preferably 3 hours. This makes the chicken more tender and cook more quickly.
- The easiest way to coat the chicken is by using a resealable bag.
- Dill pickle juice is key to getting the authentic Chick Fil-A flavor.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
They’re small yeast rolls brushed with honey butter and stuffed with a chicken nugget.
Marinating the chicken in dill pickle juice and adding powdered sugar to the breading gives the signature flavor.
If you over crowd your oil or you don’t heat it enough to begin with, the breading will soak up the oil as it cooks rather than immediately forming a crispy coating. This makes a soggy exterior.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy chicken? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Minis
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Resealable bag
- Dutch oven, deep fryer, or deep frying pan
- baking sheet
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 3.8 ounces Ritz crackers
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Peanut oil for frying
- Frozen yeast rolls like Sister Shubert’s rolls
- ¼ cup salted butter softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl combine the milk and pickle juice.
- To the milk mixture add your cut up chicken pieces and make sure they are covered.
- Move the bowl to the fridge to marinate from 1-3 hours.
- To make the breading for the chicken nuggets use a food processor to finely crush the crackers.
- Mix the cracker crumbs with the breadcrumbs, flour, paprika, pepper, salt and powdered sugar.
- When you are ready to fry add peanut oil to a deep frying pan, dutch oven or a deep fryer. You want enough oil to cover the nuggets.
- Heat the oil to 350-360.
- You can dredge your nuggets in the breading mixture one by one. I prefer to place the breading mixture in a ziploc bag, add the nuggets and shake them up until coated.
- When the oil is hot enough, drop in the nuggets and let them fry until golden brown 2-3 minutes.
- Do this in batches and do not overcrowd the pan.
- Drain the nuggets of paper towels and repeat with other batches until they are all cooked.
- Meanwhile cook your rolls according to the package instructions.
- In a small bowl combine the butter and honey.
- When the rolls come out of the oven, brush them with the honey butter.
- Split each roll in half and add a chicken nugget.
Leave a Reply