Creamy Tomato spinach Sausage Soup is a a creamy soup recipe full of. Just a few ingredients and you have a delicious comforting soup !
Creamy Tomato spinach Sausage Soup is amazing! We can eat soup every night for dinner. It is one of our favorite things to eat. We wanted a simple and easy soup for dinner one night. Basically because I didn’t feel like spending a lot of time on making a soup.
I have always been a fan of tomato soup. I love the creaminess, the rich tomato flavor and brightness of the tomatoes. So I looked to see what I had going on in the fridge in freezer. Spicy Italian Sausage and Spinach popped out at me and and I know I always have cans of crushed tomatoes in the pantry, so this was what I was going with.
Creamy Tomato spinach Sausage Soup was a perfect choice and so simple. Just a few simple ingredients of onion, garlic, basil, chicken broth along with the spinach, sausage and crushed tomatoes once put together and simmered for just awhile really brings all the flavors together.
Make it today!!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion about 1/2 medium sized onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-32. oz. box chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 sea teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Heat vegetable oil and add diced onion. Saute until onions are soft and translucent.
- Crumble Italian Sausage and garlic with the onion. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, chicken) broth, basil, sea salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Let soup simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add and spinach and simmer for about 5 minutes, until spinach is tender.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan if desired .