Spinach Cheese Crescent Rolls are an easy appetizer that’s full of flavor, not work. These golden brown crescent rolls are stuffed full of spinach, seasonings, and three kinds of cheese.
If you’re looking for an appetizer that fits any occasion, then you’ve found it here. These crescent rolls are perfect for everything from gameday parties to holiday get-togethers. They’re also incredibly easy to make!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It’s super easy and only takes a few minutes to make.
- The spinach and cheese are perfect with the golden crescent roll dough.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients that are all readily available at your local grocery store. The main ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list of ingredients along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Crescent rolls
- Frozen spinach – thawed and well-drained
- Cream cheese – softened
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
🔪 How to Make Spinach Cheese Crescent Rolls
Making these delicious crescent roll bites are so easy and so delicious. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Mix the Filling
Combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder, egg yolk, and spinach until completely mixed.
Step 2: Make the Crescent Rolls
Separate and unroll each crescent roll onto parchment paper. Then, spoon a heaping tablespoon of the filling onto the wide end of each crescent triangle. Fold the long end up toward the center of the dough over the spinach mixture. Then, bring the other two points up on the sides to make little crescent pillow pockets. Leave an opening so steam can escape.
Step 3: Bake
Beat the egg and water together and brush the egg wash over the top of each crescent roll. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add a bit of cayenne or red pepper flakes to the filling for a kick of heat.
- Spinach Artichoke Filling – Cut the spinach in half and replace it with artichokes.
- Cheese – Use your favorite mild cheese in place of or along with the mozzarella.
If you think these look good, then check out our spinach artichoke crescent rolls.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking dish or rimmed baking sheet
- Small bowl
Store these for up to a week in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to leave a bit of an opening at the top of your crescents when rolling them up so steam can escape.
- If you want a nice golden color, don’t skip the egg wash.
- Be sure your spinach is completely thawed and very well drained to avoid a watery filling.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Place a layer of paper towels in a colander. Then, add the thawed spinach and top with more paper towels. Press the spinach down toward the bottom and the sides of the colander. This squeezes out all the excess water without losing any spinach.
You probably didn’t thoroughly drain your spinach.
It’s actually better to use frozen spinach in this case. The frozen spinach will be wilted and easier to mix than fresh spinach. Fresh spinach will also release a lot of moisture when baked.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy crescent rolls? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Nutella White Chocolate Crescent Rolls
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Ham and Three Cheese Crescents
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Spinach Cheese Crescent Rolls
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Baking dish or rimmed baking sheet
- small bowl
- 2 tubs crescent rolls
- 12 ounces frozen spinach thawed and well-drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder, and egg yolk with spinach until well combined.
- Separate and unroll each crescent roll on parchment paper.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the spinach mixture onto the wide end of each crescent roll triangle.
- Fold long end up toward the center of the dough over the spinach mixture. Then bring the other two points up on the sides to make little crescent pillow pockets. Leave an opening where you can see the spinach so steam can escape.
- In a small bowl, beat together water and egg white. Brush egg white over the top of each spinach stuffed crescent roll.
- Bake crescent rolls for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature. Enjoy!