This delivered egg potato salad recipe is perfect for almost any meal. Full of hard boiled eggs, potatoes, and bursting with deviled egg flavor this salad is perfect for potlucks, parties, and summer cookouts.
Not only does this potato salad taste great but it can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until ready to eat. This makes it perfect for holiday gatherings when you want to save a little time in the kitchen cooking.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This potato salad is a great option for family gatherings and potlucks.
- It can be in advance, so you don’t have to worry about preparing it right before the cookout.
- Plus, its combination of hard-boiled eggs and deviled egg flavor will make you the hit of the party!
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this delicious recipe. Plus, you don’t have to worry about finding expensive ingredients at the grocery store, so you make this budget-friendly side dish in no time at all.
- russet potatoes
- yellow mustard
- sweet pickle relish
- hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- onion powder
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Deviled Egg Potato Salad
Making this twist on the classic potato salad is so simple. Just follow the instructions below nad you will have a creamy salad that comes together with minimal effort in no time at all.
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes
Peel, wash, and cube the potatoes. In a large pot add the potatoes and eggs. Cover with water and place over high heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Step 2: Finish the potatoes and eggs
Remove the eggs from the pot and place them into a bowl of cold water. Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool.
Step 3: Combine the salad ingredients
In a large bowl combine the potatoes, eggs, mayo, mustard, relish, celery seed, onion powder, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
Step 4: Mash the eggs and finish the salad
Using a fork mash the eggs into the potatoes and stir to combine all the ingredients. Sprinkle a little extra paprika on the top for color.
Step 5: Chill if desired
Chill the salad in the fridge for at least 30 minutes if desired and then serve!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Crunch: Add some diced celery for a crunchy texture.
- Pickles: Try adding some chopped pickles or dill pickle relish for a different flavor.
- Spice: If you like a bit of heat, add a few splashes of hot sauce or replace the pickle relish with the juice of pepperoncini peppers.
If you love potato salad recipes like this one you may also enjoy this Loaded Potato Salad recipe.
You will need a few simple kitchen tools to help you make this delicious side salad recipe that is perfect for summer.
- large pot or dutch oven
- mixing bowl or serving bowl
Store the deviled egg potato salad in the fridge in an airtight container or a bowl covered tightly with plastic wrap for up to three days.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that this simple recipe turns out perfectly for you every time you make it.
- Make sure to boil the potatoes and eggs until they are fork-tender. If they are too hard, they will not be pleasant to eat.
- Drain and cool the potatoes and eggs before adding them to the bowl with the other ingredients. This will help everything combine easily.
- Use a fork to mash the eggs to give your salad that creamy deviled egg texture.
- We like to make this salad a few hours before we plan to serve it so that the flavors have time to meld together.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Deviled egg filling is usually made with a combination of mayonnaise, mustard, relish, and hot sauce.
We recommend using russet potatoes for this recipe. They have a slightly starchy texture that is perfect for potato salad.
Yes, it is best to let the potatoes cool before adding them to the other ingredients. This will help all of the flavors combine together better.
🍽 More Salad Recipes
Do you enjoy salad, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- large pot
- large bowl
- 8 eggs
- 6 russet potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcheshire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Peel, wash and cube the potatoes.
- In a large pot add the potatoes and eggs.
- Cover with water and place over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the eggs from the pot and place into a bowl of cold water.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, eggs, mayo, mustard, relish, celery seed, onion powder, paprika, worcheshire sauce and hot sauce.
- Using a fork mash the eggs into the potatoes and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle a little extra paprika on the top for color.