Easy Chicken Pot Pie – This creamy, delicious family meal is quick and easy and perfect for busy weeknights!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie! I think I have made at least 20 different recipes for chicken pot pie in my day. I have to say I love most of them for one reason or another. This is a combination of a few different recipes rolled into one.
This Easy Chicken Pot Pie I love because it’s delicious, it’s easy, it’s simple, and I always have leftover roasted chicken in my freezer. The great thing about pot pie’s is you can make them any way you want and they are always delicious. Add some spices, change an ingredient around a bit and you a whole different flavor profile.
Biscuits make the perfect topping for this easy chicken pot pie. I’s so tasty and on the table in less than an hour.
Add this Easy Chicken Pot Pie to your quick weeknight dinner idea list. Pot Pies make for a comforting meal during the fall and winter months. They are a perfect comfort food.
Make this Easy Chicken Pot Pie today!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This creamy, delicious family meal is quick and easy and perfect for busy weeknights!
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Bird’s Eye Classic Mixed Vegetables defrosted
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 lbs chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup half and half
- black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- refrigerated biscuit enough to cover top of pie
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 11 x 7 inch baking dish
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pot and saute onion and celery until tender.
- Add vegetables, soup, chicken, half and half , sour cream and mayo and pepper. Cook until heated through and pour into prepared dish.
- Arrange biscuits layer and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over them.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, usually about 20-25 minutes or so .
This pie can be prepared ahead of time. Even the day before. But do not add biscuits until your ready to bake the pie.