Easy Family Favorite Pasta Carbonara – is a simple, easy weeknight meal, yet it’s classy and elegant enough for a company. Made with pancetta, peas and lots of Parmesan cheese!
Easy Family Favorite Pasta Carbonara is one of our favorite family dishes. We make this dish for my mom’s birthday dinner every year. It is rich and creamy and has pancetta in it which is way better than bacon!
Easy Family Favorite Pasta Carbonara – Since we made this for my mom’s birthday we doubled the recipe because we were serving a lot of people but I will post the normal recipe and then you can always double or triple if you want.
Easy Family Favorite Pasta Carbonara starts out by browning the pancetta until it is very crispy brown. Reserve the pan drippings.
Easy Family Favorite Pasta Carbonara is one of those pasta dishes that once you make it a couple of times you can make it with your eyes closed. so do yourself a favor and make it!
Make this Easy Family Favorite Pasta Carbonara today!
Easy Family Favorite Pasta Carbonara
- 1 1/2 cups pancetta 1/4 in dice
- 5 medium-large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lb pasta such as linguine, spaghetti ect
- 1 cup frozen tender tiny peas
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley chopped fine for garnish
- 12 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, cook the pancetta until crispy brown. Remove to a plate and set aside. Reserve the pan with the drippings. Add mushrooms and saute a few minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute or so. Add heavy cream to pan along with peas. Cook on low heat for about 5 minutesSeparate eggs and set the yolks aside. Discard the whites.In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, the Parmigiano-Reggiano, black pepper. Cook the pasta until al dente. Add the sauce mixture to the pasta and toss gently until mixed well. Add the egg mixture into the pasta and toss well with tongs for about 1 minute. Garnish with the parsley. Add extra Parmigiano-Reggiano. Let sit for 1 minute and serve