Easy Instant Pot Chili
Easy Instant Pot Chili – Perfect comfort food for a fall or wintry evening. It’s also a great dish to feed a crowd, and alway a must for game day.
We love chili in our house. It’s one of those go to comfort foods that we could eat any night of the week. It’s simple to make and we always have the ingredients in the pantry and fridge or freezer so we are always set to go! When a get together or gathering like game day rolls around chili is always one of the first things to go. There are never any leftovers.
There are so many ways to make chili. Stove top, slow cooker, instant pot. We made this recipe in the instant pot. Now stove top chili can simmer all day long and slow cooker chili can simmer all day long too. But in the instant pot you can have this chili cooked in less than an hour.
We love all kinds of chili. We do prefer our chili with a slight kick. not so hot that you can’t taste what your eating but enough that your can feel the heat. but when making chili we always make it on the mild to medium side. You can always add a little heat to it yourself if you like.
Do you like beans in your chili? “Chili Con Carne” does not have beans. It’s made with meat and peppers usually. We love it. It has a lot of really great flavor but then again there isn’t a chili we don’t love. There are thick and hearty chili’s and soupier chili’s. I prefer a chili that is a little brothy and not super thick. But I will never turn a bowl of chili away as long as it has good flavor.
HOW TO MAKE EASY INSTANT POT CHILI:
Turn your instant pot to sauté.
Add the olive oil, onions and peppers and cook until tender. Stirring often.
Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Stirring often.
Drain off any the excess grease.
Remove the pot using hot pads, pour the excess into a heatproof bowl.
Discard once cooled.
Place the pot back into the Instant pot.
Add all of the remaining ingredients.
Seal the vent on the Instant Pot.
Turn the instant pot to manuel and cook for 18-20 minutes.
Allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes.
Easy Instant Pot Chili
Easy Instant Pot Chili - Perfect comfort food for a fall or wintry evening. It's also a great dish to feed a crowd, and alway a must for game day.
- 2 lbs ground Beef 80/20
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney Beans, drained
- 2 15 oz. cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained
- 2 15 oz, cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Jalapeños, seeded and diced small
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Sour Cream Cilantro Cheese, shredded Green onion Diced jalapeños
- 1. Add the olive oil, onions and peppers and cook until tender. Stirring often.2. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Stirring often. Drain off any the excess grease.3.Remove the pot using hot pads, pour the excess into a heatproof bowl. Discard once cooled.4.Place the pot back into the Instant pot. Add all of the remaining ingredients.5.Seal the vent on the Instant Pot.6.Turn the instant pot to manuel and cook for 18-20 minutes.7.Allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes.Serve with sour cream, cheese, or green onions.
Instant Pot Chili sounds great. Can you make this on the stove
Yes you can. Any of the instant pot recipes can be made on the stove top. Just cook it as you would any stove top chili.