Easy Simple Lasagna – I have been making this easy and simple lasagna recipe for years. It’s really one of those recipes that I just make off the top of my head now. And it’s a family favorite.
Easy simple Lasagnais one of those simple classics that everyone loves. It is so simple to make and who doesn’t love simple right?! I have been making this for years.
I always make my own sauce but you can use your favorite jarred sauce if you like. I usually make a big pot of sauce on a Sunday morning and let it simmer for hours. It always has the best flavor when it simmers and cooks slowly.
Easy Simple Lasagna is a perfect company dinner too. A big slice of lasagna with some meatballs. What is better than that?!
I usually serve it with a garden salad, and some nice crusty french bread. This also freezes very nicely if you happen to have any leftovers. Or better yet make 2 for one of those nights that you don’t feel like cooking.
Make this Easy Simple Lasagna today!
Easy Simple Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
Course: Pasta, Reader Favorite
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb lasagna noodle cooked
- 2 16 ounce jars meatless sauce or make your own ( I make my own)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese sliced thin
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or until tender but still firm.
- Drain, keep warm.
- Meanwhile, saute the ground beef, garlic and onion is a large heavy skillet or saucepan until beef is done.
- Add sauce, salt, and Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Simmer on low heat 12-15 minutes .
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Spoon some sauce on to a 9 x 12 or larger, baking pan.
- Lay your first layer of noodles .
- Then add a layer of the cooked beef , sauce, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Add a second alternating layer of pasta, the meat sauce and cheese mixture.
- Repeat until pan is almost full then top with more lasagna sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes , or till cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to set for 10-20 minutes before cutting.
Copyright © Maria’s Mixing Bowl. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.