Eggnog Pudding Shots take eggnog to an entirely different level. Rich, creamy, and loaded with bourbon, these beautifully boozy shots are as pretty as they are delicious.
Cocktails of all sorts are always a welcome addition to any party, especially a Christmas party. When we’re invited to a party, we love bringing these eggnog shots. They’re like an alcoholic dessert in a glass, and everyone always loves them.
These eggnog pudding shots are so good, and they’re such a great little treat to serve at a Holiday party, or New Year’s Eve.
They’re so easy to make, and you can have them done in no time, make them ahead and keep them refrigerated so they’re ready when you need them
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s rich, creamy, and so easy to make.
- It’s full of the flavors of bourbon, vanilla pudding, and whipped cream.
- It’s basically a boozy dessert in a glass.
- Eggnog is the classic holiday flavor.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make these easy, delicious pudding shots. You’ll easily find everything you need at your local grocery store.
Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Southern Comfort Eggnog
- Vanilla pudding cups
- Cool Whip
- Cinnamon sticks
🔪 How to Make Eggnog Pudding Shots
Making this recipe is super simple. In just a few steps, you’ll be ready to serve these delicious eggnog pudding shots.
Step 1: Combine the Shot Ingredients
Combine the Jello pudding, Cool Whip, Eggnog, and bourbon in a large bowl.
Step 2: Chill
Fill mini mason jars with the pudding shot mixture and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Step 3: Serve
Before serving, top the shots with Reddi-Wip, sprinkle some cinnamon on top, and add a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Bourbon – You can use dark rum or Cognac in place of the bourbon if you like.
- Eggnog – Feel free to use your favorite eggnog for this recipe.
- Pudding – Your favorite brand of vanilla pudding will work just fine.
If you’re a fan of the nog, then check out this vanilla spice eggnog. We think you’ll love it.
You won’t need much to make this recipe.
- Mixing bowl
- Mini mason jars
You can store these pudding shots without whipped topping on top in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. We don’t recommend freezing them.
This recipe is so simple that we only have one tip. CHILL! Seriously, these are better when chilled overnight. 4 hours is the minimum, but overnight delivers maximum results.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
It can be traced back to medieval Britain to a drink called “posset”. It was a hot drink that combined ale and milk as a base.
They actually don’t get you drunk faster, you consume them faster. The sweetness masks the alcohol, making it easier for you to lose track of your consumption.
You sure can, and if you do, your shots will be runny and gross rather than thick, rich, and delicious.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy shot cocktails? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Eggnog Pudding Shots
- Mixing Bowl
- Mini mason jars
- ½ cup Southern Comfort Eggnog
- 2 Jello Vanilla Pudding Cups
- 2 cups Cool Whip thawed
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- Reddi-wip – to top
- Cinnamon to Garnish
- Cinnamon Sticks to Garnish optional
- In a large bowl, add the Jello Pudding, Cool Whip, Eggnog, and Bourbon.
- Stir well to blend, until completely mixed. Fill Mini Mason Jars (See Link) with the Egg Nog Shot mixture, and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Before serving, top with Redd-wip, whipped topping, sprinkle a little Cinnamon on top, and add a Cinnamon Stick for extra Garnish.
- Serve, and Enjoy!