Homemade Pimento Cheese Recipe – A true Southern delicacy! I wasn’t really sure about this cheese spread at first. Let me tell you…this stuff is addictive.
Every good Southern household has a recipe for homemade pimento cheese. I must say I wasn’t sure about the pimento part of this cheese spread when I first tried it years ago.
But after my very first taste I knew I was in love with all the flavors. Pimento cheese is delicious served with bagel chips, pretzels, or crackers and I LOVE it made as a grilled cheese sandwich and is out of this world on burgers.
This Southern classic is one of those recipes that can be so versatile. Try stuffing some in a chicken breast or in a meatloaf. Pure heaven! It’s so ooey gooey good.
Pimento cheese just goes well with anything and just about everything!
Homemade Pimento Cheese can be made in a matter of minutes and is the perfect appetizer for game day, family parties and holidays.
Pimento cheese is a basic combination of cheddar, cream cheese, mayo, spices, and the most important ingredient, pimento peppers. You can usually find pimento peppers near the olives or jarred artichokes.
We use a very simple recipe for our Homemade Pimento Cheese Recipe. There are many different ones out there. Ours consists of shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder,paprika, onion powder,diced pimentos, dried mustard.
Make this Homemade Pimento Cheese Recipe today!
Homemade Pimento Cheese
Homemade Pimento Cheese Recipe - A true Southern delicacy! I wasn't really sure about this cheese spread at first. Let me tell you...this stuff is addictive.Print Pin Rate
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp or softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried mustard
- 4 oz pimentos, drained and diced
- 1. With an electric mixer, mix the cheddar cheese and cream cheese and mayonnaise together. Mix well for about 1-2 minutes.2. Add in the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and dry mustard. Stir everything together.
3. Mix in the pimentos until blended well. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
- This is a yummy dip - feel free to kick up the spice a bit by adding more to your liking. Add a ¼ tsp cayenne pepper for a bit of a kick!
- While it is originally a dip, it is also amazing to add to burgers or sandwiches!