Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Bourbon Cider – Made with colorful cranberries, apples and oranges this is the perfect Fall drink. It will warm you on a chilly day!
Cool fall and cold winter weekend nights always call for a hot apple cider with a touch of bourbon for us . We love apple cider so it just seems like the perfect combination.
This spiked cider is one of our favorite drink recipes to make when we have friends for dinner. This is a festive drink too. Also a great drink to serve for any holiday. This drink is perfect for Thanksgiving.
It’s so pretty and once we made it to serve for the Thanksgiving spread, it became expected. But it is a great drink any time of year for any gathering. I know you can’t find fresh cranberries all year long so you can just leave them out.
This Instant Pot Spiced Apple Cider is full of fresh, apples, cranberries and oranges . It has delicious hints of maple, star anise, ginger and cinnamon.
Now if you don’t want to add bourbon to this you don’t have to. you can leave it out and just add it at the end so that people who maybe don’t drink alcohol can also enjoy this drink. Make it anyway you like it. You can serve this yummy drink hot or cold. whatever your preference is. It is delicious both ways.
If you love the flavors of Fall I think you will love this drink. And the best part is making it in the instant pot it takes just 30 minutes. Sure you can make it on the stove top also. It just takes longer. Either way you will make a delicious drink that everybody will love.
We just love things that scream fall! And this drink certainly does. Perfect for the holidays, a family gathering, game day or a potluck. This drink is always a winner!
We use a 6 quart instant pot . It’s a great size for everything from family meals to desserts.
- 6 large gala apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 navel orand, sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 inch knob of Fresh Ginger, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 gallon water
- 11/2 cups bourbon
- lemon wedges for rimming glasses
- cinnamon sugar for rimming glasses
1. Thinly slice all the apples ( remove the stems ), cranberries, and the orange ( skin on ) and place it the instant pot.
2. Add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, and ginger to the Instant Pot.
3. Add the water. The water should cover the fruit. Now add the maple syrup. Stir to combine.
4. Put the lid on, making sure that the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
5. Select the “Pressure Cook” mode.
6. Set the time to 15 minutes.
7. Do a natural release for 15 minutes.
8. Then do a quick release.
9. Strain the fruit from the cider.
10. Add your Bourbon. Stir to combine
11. Allow to chill for 2 hours or you can serve hot.
12. To serve Rub the rim and insides of a glass with the lemon wedge. Pour some cinnamon sugar on a plate and dip the rim of the glass in it. Use as much cinnamon sugar as you like on your rim.