Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples are a perfect fall dessert! An easy go to recipe that is irresistibly delicious!
Once you make these Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples, you’re never going to want any type of store bought cooked apples or applesauce again.
Talk about the smells of Fall! Your whole house will smell wonderful while cooking these delicious apples in the Instant Pot. They are so good, and they’re easy to make.
Easy instant pot cinnamon apple dessert
This makes for a wonderful easy instant pot dessert after a meal. Pile the apples high with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. And drizzle on a little caramel syrup, and you have a fabulous twist on an old favorite. Make sure you keep this one handy, because it’s sure to be a favorite.
We love quick and easy desserts and this easy instant pot dessert fit’s the bill each and every time. This recipe is so unbelievably easy. We have been making this all year long but since it’s apple season it seems just right that we make it even more. Apples are always available at the market but fresh apples from the orchard are even better in my eyes!
We have been known to have a bowl of these for breakfast with some granola on top too. Perfection! Also these apples are delicious added to steel cut oatmeal with a topping of your favorite chopped nuts. We like walnuts or cashews.
This apple recipe is literally perfect for breakfast, as a side or for dessert! what more can you ask for?
In fact, this is literally one of our favorite fall recipes because of the sweet taste of peeled apples and cinnamon. We could literally start or end the day with this simple dish because it’s just that good!
If you’re looking for a tasty and simple dessert recipe that literally takes minutes to make, you’re going to love this simple cinnamon apple recipe. It’s delicious to the last bite!
Do you need to peel the apples before adding them to the Instant Pot?
You do. Before you cook the apples in the Instant Pot, you need to peel off the outside of the apple. It’s not going to be a good idea at all. the apple skins won’t break down well and will stay hard while the apples will be soft. It will make for a really strange texture and consistency. So seriously don’t!
Is the consistency of these apples like applesauce?
I would say no they aren’t like applesauce at all. There will still be the shape to the apple slices but they are going to be a bit mushier than apples. And if it’s applesauce texture that you’re going for, you can use a mashed potato masher once these apples are done cooking in the Instant Pot and mash them up easily as well. The texture will still be a bit chunky but it works.
What Apples Are Best For Cooking In The Instant Pot?
There are many varieties of apples you can use for use in the Instant Pot. We use honey crisp, granny smith, pink lady and golden delicious mostly. A soft apple will break down and give you more of an chunky apple sauce.
What are some fun toppings for these Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples?
The options are really endless. One of our favorites is whipped cream but you can also sprinkle on brown sugar and extra cinnamon as well. And if you’re really wanting to add in some sweetness, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, too.
It’s amazing how these toppings can suddenly transform this simple apple dessert into tasting just like homemade apple pie! It’s so delicious and simple to make! And don’t forget the caramel syrup!! Drizzle that over the top for extra deliciousness.
Caramel Syrup can be found in the ice cream section of most grocery stores. Some stores may also have it in the isle with syrup or honey. I used Hershey’s Caramel Syrup. It’s thick and rich, and adds a wonderful flavor drizzled across the whipped cream or vanilla ice cream with the apples.
So many apple recipes for your instant pot!
There are so many different apple recipes you can make in your instant pot. Not just these cinnamon apples but instant pot baked cinnamon apples, instant pot apple old fashioned oatmeal, instant pot apple cinnamon bread, instant pot apple crisp, instant pot fried apples, instant pot apple pie. I mean the list can go on and on.
If you’re ready for a new favorite fall dessert, this simple Instant Pot recipe is calling your name. It’s certain to be your new favorite fall treat!
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples
- 6 Honey Crisp apples – peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons butter – melted
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 heaping Tablespoons cornstarch
- Whipped cream
- Caramel Syrup
- Peel and slice your apples into a large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and toss the apples in the juice.
- In another bowl, combine the Brown sugar, sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Maple Syrup, and melted butter, until completely blended. Pour the apple into the brown sugar mixture, and stir well to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the water and corn starch, until the corn starch is smooth. Pour the Apples into the Instant Pot, add the cornstarch, and stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks.
- Make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING, and press the MANUAL button, and set the time for 7 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, and goes to OFF, let the IP naturally release the pressure.
- Turn the pressure Valve from Sealing to VENTING, to make sure all pressure has been released. When all the pressure has been released, and the FLOAT VALVE is down, remove the lid, and stir the Apples with a large spatula.
- Allow the Apples to cool for about 10 minutes, and then lift the Liner from the Instant Pot (using oven mitts, or pot holders).
- Serve in individual bowls and top with whipped cream, and caramel syrup drizzled over the top. Enjoy!