These Italian Beef Sliders are the perfect sandwiches for any beef lover. Loaded with tender beef, provolone cheese, Italian seasonings, and a zesty blast of banana peppers, this is one recipe that everyone will love.
We love sliders. What we love even more is getting creative with them. For this recipe, we combined our love of sliders with Italian beef sandwiches to get these delicious mini-sandwiches.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You only need a handful of ingredients.
- It’s a quick and easy recipe.
- It’s loaded with classic Italian beef flavor.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients for these Italian beef sliders, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store. Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Chuck roast
- Beef broth
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Banana peppers
- Butter flavored rolls
- Provolone cheese
🔪 How to Make Italian Beef Sliders
These little bites of Italian heaven are super easy to make. After the slow cooker does its thing, it only takes about 15 minutes to make!
Step 1: Cook the Chuck Roast
Place the chuck roast, beef broth, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in the slow cooker. Set 2 tablespoons of the butter aside, slice the rest, and place it on top of the rost. Then, top with 2/3 of the banana peppers and half the juice from the jar. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Step 2: Shred the Roast
When the roast is finished cooking, shred it with shredding claws or two forks while it’s still hot.
Step 3: Make the Sandwiches
Remove the rolls from the bag without separating them. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and cut the connected rolls in half length-wise. Top them with shredded meat, the remaining banana peppers, and the cheese. Place the top half of the rolls on top of the filling.
Step 4: Bake
Melt the remaining butter in the microwave and brush it over the tops of the sandwiches. Season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder, then bake for 15 minutes until the rolls are golden and the cheese is melted. Enjoy with juice from the slow cooker for dipping!
- Spicy – Add diced jalapenos to the slow cooker for a kick of heat.
- Provolone – Use mozzarella or Swiss cheese.
- Chuck Roast – Skip the slow cooker and use deli roast beef if you like.
For more Italian slider goodness, check out these pepperoni pizza sliders.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Slow cooker
- Shredding claws or 2 forks
- Bread knife
- Microwaveable bowl
Store these sliders in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- Slide your connected rolls out of the bag and directly onto the prepared baking sheet to keep them connected.
- Use a sharp bread knife and even strokes to cut the rolls in half.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Originally, sliders were small hamburgers that could be eaten in just a couple of bites. These days, sliders are any small sandwich.
Bake them uncovered. If you bake them covered, they’ll steam, resulting in bread that’s a bit soggy.
Microwave them for 15 seconds, then at 5-second intervals until heated through. You can also cover them with foil and bake them for 7 to 10 minutes until warm.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Italian recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Italian Beef Sliders
- slow cooker
- Baking dish
- small bowl
- bbq brush
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder plus more for topping
- ½ cup butter
- 1 12- ounce jar banana peppers
- 1 16- count package butter flavored rolls
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Place the chuck roast in the bowl of your slow cooker and add the beef broth.
- Season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the butter, then cut the remaining stick into thin slices. Place the slices on top of the beef.
- Top with 2/3s of the banana peppers plus half the juice from the banana pepper jar. Set the remaining banana peppers aside.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to cook on low for 6 hours or high for four hours.
- When the meat is finished cooking, remove it from the pot and shred it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the entire package of rolls in half and remove the top half of the bread. Spread the meat in an even layer over the bottom half of the rolls.
- Top the shredded meat with the remaining banana peppers.
- Layer the cheese on top of the meat, then place the top of the rolls on top of the cheese.
- Melt the remaining butter in the microwave and brush it over the top of the rolls. Season with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Reserve some of the cooking juice in the slow cooker for dipping, if desired.