Zesty Italian Pasta Salad – As a side dish for your summer BBQ’s or a light lunch this pasta salad is always a big hit!
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad is a quick and easy pasta salad can be made the day before for best flavor and served with any BBQ side dish. We had it with burgers tonight. I find I use whatever I have in the fridge and I get the best flavors that way lol.
Last time I used pepperoni instead of salami. And I used fresh peas. That’s the best part of this pasta salad. You can add what you like. Artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers ect go great in this.
In the summer time when tomatoes and cucumbers are plentiful I make it very simple and just use what comes from the garden. So many possibilities and they are all delicious.
- 1 16 ounce package spiral pasta or any pasta you like
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese cubed
- 1/2 lb salami cubed
- 1/2 lb small mozzarella balls
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 10 ounce can black olives, drained and sliced
- 2 -3 Tbsp. Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1 8 ounce bottle zesty Italian salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente.
Drain and rinse with cold water.
: Add the drained pasta to a large bowl.
Add provolone cheese, salami, red pepper, black olives .
Pour in the salad dressing and mayo and toss to coat.
Refrigerate until ready to serve
(Makes up to 12 Servings)