Italian Sub Sliders are loaded with delicious Italian flavors and melty cheese on soft Hawaiian rolls. Ham, salami, pepperoni, provolone cheese, and zesty vegetables come together to create sliders that always satisfy.
We love Italian food, and we love sliders. So we decided to put them together into these delicious Italian sub-sliders. They’re loaded with flavor and so much easier to make than you might think.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses simple ingredients that you can find at any grocery store.
- It’s an easy recipe that anyone can make.
- It’s loaded with meat, cheese, and classic Italian flavor.
- It makes a great appetizer, for lunch, or dinner.
This recipe uses ingredients that you can find quickly and easily at your local grocery store. It might be full of flavor, but that flavor comes from simple ingredients.
All the ingredients needed to make this recipe are right here, but the recipe card at the end of the posts has the exact amounts.
- Hawaiian rolls
- Deli ham
- Deli salami
- Deli pepperoni
- Provolone cheese slices
- Italian seasoning
- Shredded lettuce
- Red onion – sliced
- Banana peppers
- Roasted red peppers
- Italian dressing
🔪 How to Make Italian Sub Sliders
Making these sliders is a very straightforward affair. It simply takes a little layering and some baking. That’s all there is to it!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Cut the Rolls
Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half and place the bottoms on the baking sheet.
Step 3: Layer
Add 6 slices of provolone to the bottom half of the rolls. Then, add ham, salami, and pepperoni. Finish with the remaining provolone. Place the top buns on the sliders.
Step 4: Make the Seasoned Butter
Melt the butter in a small microwaveable bowl. Then, sit in the Italian seasoning.
Step 5: Bake
Brush the tops of the buns with melted butter and bake the sliders for 15 minutes until the rolls are golden and the cheese is melted.
Step 6: Combine the Vegetables
While the sliders bake, combine the lettuce, onion, banana peppers, roasted red peppers, mayo, and Italian dressing. Then, chop up the lettuce mix into small pieces in the bowl with kitchen scissors.
Step 7: Add the Veggies
Remove the tops of the sliders, top with the veggie mixture, and replace the rolls. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Try adding sliced jalapeno or chile peppers.
- Meats – Use your favorite meats for this recipe.
- Hawaiian Rolls – You can use your favorite soft rolls for these sliders.
If you think these Italian sub sliders look good, then we think you’ll love our Italian beef sliders.
- Measuring cups
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Microwaveable bowl
- Large bowl
- Kitchen scissors
These sub sliders are best enjoyed fresh but you can also store them in the refrigerator if you prefer. If kept refrigerated, they will last up to 3 days. Enjoy!
- Use a sharp, serrated bread knife to prevent squishing the buns when slicing them.
- Always use parchment paper for easy removal of the subs and easy cleanup.
- Use kitchen scissors to cup up the veggies. DO NOT use regular scissors.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Italian subs are sub sandwiches made with cured Italian meats, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, and pickled peppers.
Sliders were originally mini hamburgers, but these days, sliders are any small sandwich made with small buns.
The sliders are done when the buns are golden, and the cheese is melted.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy sliders? Then try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Italian Sub Sliders
- bread knife
- Parchment Lined Baking Sheet
- small bowl
- Pastry brush
- large bowl
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls
- ¼ pound deli ham
- ¼ pound deli salami
- ¼ pound deli pepperoni
- 12 slices provolone
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Half of a small red onion sliced
- ¼ cup banana peppers
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- ¼ cup italian dressing
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the rolls in half and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place 6 slices of provolone on the bottom half of the rolls.
- Next layer the ham, salami and pepperoni.
- Top with the remaining provolone.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Stir the italian seasoning into the butter.
- Brush the top of the rolls with the butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the rolls are golden and the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the lettuce, onion, banana peppers, roasted red peppers, mayo and italian dressing.
- Using scissors chop the lettuce mix in the bowl until it is chopped into small pieces.
- Place the lettuce mixture onto the bottom half of the rolls.
- Top with the top rolls.
- Slice and serve!