Low Carb Sausage Mushroom and Chicken Casserole
Low Carb Sausage Mushroom and Chicken Casserole is SO delicious and full of flavor! Make this one and I bet you will make it over and over again.
This hearty and delicious dish tastes similar to chicken and dressing. I am sure that this would be terrific with turkey also. Low Carb Sausage Mushroom and Chicken Casserole is an amazingly delicious casserole that you will find yourself making over and over again!
Can you freeze any leftovers?
You sure can! As a matter of fact we sometimes freeze little containers for lunch. Just defrost in the fridge the night before and pop in the microwave and heat up to the temp you like.
Low Carb Sausage, Mushroom and Chicken Casserole was probably one of the first low carb meals that I tried when I decided to cut my carbs from my diet. I knew if I was cutting carbs I also had to keep the family happy with good tasting food. I sure wasn’t going to cook separate meals. One for me and one for everyone else. Well this meal was a big hit with everyone so yeah! A winner I can make again.
Leftovers make a great lunch or even breakfast. This also freezes very well. I have taken this to pot luck dinners and everyone has loved it.
Low Carb Sausage, Mushroom and Chicken Casserole
- 3 -4 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 stalk celery chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon dried onion chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces cauliflower cooked well and drained
- 8 ounces cheddar or montery jack cheese shredded
- salt to taste
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- paprika for top optional
- Brown the sausage with the celery, onion and mushrooms.
- Stir the softened cream cheese into the sausage mixture until well blended. Add Chicken.
- Coarsely chop the cooked cauliflower.
- Mix all ingredients and spread in a greased 9″x13″ baking dish.
- If desired, dust the top with paprika.
- Bake, covered with foil, at 350º for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until hot and bubbly and top is lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave a Reply